Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aurora CC - CFC-rated event

The club is mature enough to run one serious club event:
    the 5-rounds-Swiss 90-min CFC-rated tournament starting on Monday, January 7, 2013. :)

Interested persons are invited to read the full announcement ( http://www.aurorachessclub.ca/?p=1440 ) and register by email info@aurorachessclub.ca

Today (Dec 17) I'll give a simul against all club-goers. All are welcome at 6:45pm to watch or play.

FYI: the club will be closed next two Mondays - Dec 24 and Dec 31. Members need to prepare for Hart House Winter Open :)

Re: Aurora CC - CFC-rated event

Simul - It was fun. 20 players against me. Players' strengths - beginners to ~1800.
    I misjudged a walk speed required to finish within allocated time and went fast. As a result got several bad blunders. It is also a different board view from my skyhigh height. Anyway, a luck was with me and I managed to win all games. Some worth to show :) A TD collected all yellow game scoresheets and he started to bully me to give an interview otherwise would publish all those blunders :D

Comment

Nice performance, Egijs.
      just some questions: did you play with all white pieces? or did you alternate balck and white? were the participants allowed to choose which color they want?
      And what is the walk speed implemented?
      I presume no games were adjudicated.
      Thanks.

Comment

Thnx Erwin.

It was my first simul on so many boards. Mainly I played blitz on two boards :D Thus, many things tried first time.

All white. Mainly it was to try to finish before 10pm and avoid adjudications. However all games finished before 9pm (after two hours of play) I would play all colors the next time with similar contingent.
        However the next time we will try to invite a player with international title and fame (I got my round of applause for the NM-title :D

Mainly I walked (almost non-stop) and made moves in openings. Later I stopped on some tough games for some seconds to recover :) I chose a wrong walking direction - clockwise being a right-handed person. Thus I switched a hand with which I made moves and it become more natural to walk :D

My opponents were cooperative too: they made moves when I was closer to their boards. If anybody wished to think longer, I just passed to the next boards.

Try at your club too :) It's fun. Keep water or other drink close. You'll need it ;)

Originally posted by Erwin Casareno View Post
        Nice performance, Egis.
        just some questions: did you play with all white pieces? or did you alternate balck and white? were the participants allowed to choose which color they want?
        And what is the walk speed implemented?
        I presume no games were adjudicated.
        Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X