Ive been enjoying Eric Hansen games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ive been enjoying Eric Hansen games

Ive been enjoying Eric Hansen's wins from Groningen (I found them on www.chessgames.com) Admittedly according to Eric he didnt have a good tournament (to paraphrase) but still: His 3 wins are in Petrosian style, sack the exchange for winning chances and dynamic play!

Re: Ive been enjoying Eric Hansen games

I finally lost today, ironically in a near winning position. Probably karma for all the bad positions I saved in Groningen! Pity, as I managed to start off 2/2 before the move 39 disaster.

I do enjoy playing down an exchange; especially when it's pretty much forced :) I think you might be being a bit too nice, though.
    Last edited by Eric Hansen; Wednesday, 2nd January, 2013, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Hansen View Post
      I finally lost today, ironically in a near winning position. Probably karma for all the bad positions I saved in Groningen! Pity, as I managed to start off 2/2 before the move 39 disaster.

I do enjoy playing down an exchange; especially when it's pretty much forced :) I think you might be being a bit too nice, though.
      Unfortunately, the end of your amazing last game from Panama still doesn't seem to be available anywhere. Do you know if it is available somewhere now?

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Hansen View Post
        Im sorry to hear that. Hope you sort it out soon, hope to see many more fine efforts, good luck in the rest of your games.

Not at all. I know how much hard work goes into your games, and I appreciate the artistic effort.

Comment

The chessbase report today has another Eric Hansen game from Basel. (use the scrollbar on the game viewer) Unfortunately he had a great position (immo) until he ruined it. Michael Yip has been doing a great job annotating games. I hope he posts more Eric Hansen games for the fan club.

Comment

GM Hansen's Rd4 and Rd5 games coming tomorrow. Hambleton's Rd4 win will be up soon too.

I need some sleep first.

Comment

I need some help with the Hilton Basel Tournament website :http://www.schachfestivalbasel.ch/tu...nier/rangliste .

The standings are shown after Rd. 7. Was it only a 7-round swiss??

Are those the " final " standings?

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                I need some help with the Hilton Basel Tournament website :http://www.schachfestivalbasel.ch/tu...nier/rangliste .

The standings are shown after Rd. 7. Was it only a 7-round swiss??

Are those the " final " standings?

Bob
                Only a 7 round swiss? Interesting comment from the land of Canada where most tournaments are not even 7 rounds :) Yes it was only a 7 round tournament scheduled to end Jan 5th. If you ever want to check just go to the FIDE site and all will be revealed. http://www.fide.com/calendar/tournaments.html
                I had considered playing in it but decided to spend a week in Paris instead.

Comment

Ive been playing over Eric Hansen's games from his current tournament Karpos and I cant decide which I like most - against Markovski, Schoorl or Bogdanovski - they're all nice! What do you think?

Comment

Nice attack in round 6 and an interesting hold against GM Smirin in the French Defence in round 7. See Michael Yip's March 15 blog.

Comment

In round 8 against IM Arsovic Eric uses a spacial edge, the two bishops, and a well timed e5 break to dominate. His opponent collapses quickly. Nice positional chess.

Comment

I certainly enjoyed this morning. A super cup of coffee and playing over GM Eric Hansen games from the Alberta Closed! All I needed for a great morning. He plays exchange sacs as natural as breathing. The game against IM Porper with the two bishops maneuvering was astounding and humorous at the same time. His miniature against Pechenkin was icing on the cake. IM Richard Wang's double loss to IM Porper and then Alex Yam must have been a double blow to the psyche.

Comment

This morning I discovered Eric Hansen's game against Rocket Rob from the Calgary International. Even better this afternoon I discovered Wesley So's grandmaster piece against GM Mikhalevski - Wesley got 3 minors for a queen and increased it to R+N+B vs queen +2P's - very spicy!

Comment

I agree Hans, that Grunfeld variation with the Q for 3 minor pieces is so interesting. Always leads to fun games. Eric and Wesley seemed to make a relatively easy draw with each other as well. Mutual respect!

Comment

I finally found another GM Eric Hansen game, just when I was suffering severe withdrawal! Forsberg - GM Hansen from Sants. I played the H4, Ng3 idea as Black in the past with good results but apparently not correctly as in this game (according to the computer 19...Ng3 and the knight becomes a monster! Thanks Eric!

Comment

Working...
                              X