X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCN Blog Jan 4 Posts

http://budapestchesnews.blogspot.hu/

-Hansen's tough rd3 game.

Hansen,Eric(2568)-Loetscher,Roland(2395)
    Sicilian Bind[B36]
    Hilton Open 2013 Basel (3.5), 02.01.2013

Re: BCN Blog Jan 4 Posts

http://budapestchesnews.blogspot.hu/

Some Najdorf theory is verified. The Georgiev/Kolev analysis in The Sharpest Sicilian 2012 is checked against recent games

1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 d6 3.d4 cxd4 4.Nxd4 Nf6 5.Nc3 a6 6.Bc4 e6 7.0–0 b5 8.Bb3 Be7 9.Qf3 Qb6 10.Be3 Qb7 11.Qg3
    (a)11...b4!(Georgiev/Kolev)
    (b)11...0-0

-Part 1 11...b4
    Dastan,B(2317)-Gopal,G(2550)
    Sicilian Najdorf 6.Bc4[B87]
    40th Olympiad Open Istanbul TUR (2.5), 29.08.2012

-Part 2 11...0-0
    Dastan,B (2317)-Dao Thien Hai(2518)
    Sicilian Najdorf 6.Bc4[B87]
    40th Olympiad Open Istanbul TUR(7.18), 04.09.2012

I have lost the ability to upload images to the Blog.

Is anyone else having trouble uploading to Blogger? This means no diagrams/pics. Hopefully this is a short-term problem.

Comment

Hi Michael, I really like your blog keep it up!

May I ask what you are doing in Hungary? Are you retired and enjoying the chess life there or are you actually stationed in Hungary working?

Comment

Hi Andy

I am on a work slowdown/retired. Now I am trying to make up for lost time and opportnites from my previous lives when I never had time or lost the enthusiasm for chess.

The blog is a new idea stumbled on almost by accident as I was always waiting for Canadian chess news. This is the same for the other chess ideas I have had like the monthly pdf/cbv BCN (and books that I have written).

I was patiently waiting for the CFC to upgrade their website(and they finally did) but nothing really substantial happened for content. So I just decided to spend a day to figure out blogging and went to work.

GM Spraggett helped me out a lot with tips on his blogging experience. He had and continues to help with the monthy e-zine. What surprises me is that no-one or organization in Canada is doing anything similar as there are more people who know more about the Internet/chess than me.

Anyways thank for the support.
        Last edited by Michael Yip; Friday, 4th January, 2013, 03:27 AM. Reason: grammar mistake

Comment

Working...
        X