Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCN Blog Jan 5 Posts

http://budapestchesnews.blogspot.hu/

-Malakhatko,Vadim(2550)-Hambleton,Aman(2462)
    Queen’s Indian[E15]
    Vandoeuvre Open (4), 03.01.2013

-Bogdanovich,Grigory (2343) - Hansen,Eric (2568)
    King’s Indian [E60]
    Hilton Open 2013 Basel (4.11), 03.01.2013

-Hansen,Eric (2568)-Kvetny,Mark(2201)
    Sicilian Najdorf 6.Be3 e5 7.Nb3 Be6 8.h3!?[B90]
    Hilton Open 2013 Basel (5.10), 04.01.2013

Re: BCN Blog Jan 5 Posts

Just added

-Hastings Rd8 standings

Comment

HI Michael,
      I enjoyed following your game analysis on the Malakhatko-Hambleton game. What makes this game so appealing to me was that the GM was put to the test after 24 moves. Those two mobile black pawns on d4 and c4 has caused concern to the White position and I wonder how much time the GM took for his 25th move (The tree of analysis – GM Alexander Kotov). The position became “alive” and rich with tactical play.
      I am just curious how would Black reply to 25.Bxd4 instead of the losing 25.Rxd4?
      The GM seems to have made 3 consecutive bad moves beginning with 25.Rxd4. Something rarely seen. Was he in time trouble?
      Once again, thank you. I hope to meet you personally in the future.

Comment

Hi Thanks

The analysis was only possible because Aman posted the PGN here. And thanks for supporting the blog.

Thanks to engines any keen amateur can do a reasonable analysis of games. Most of what I find is only possible with Houdini (or Rybkka). Now I prefer Houdini as it hangs Chessbase less and for shorter periods.

Comment

Do you find Rybkka uses a lot of your RAM? Every time I use Rybkka my computer starts to heat up and "rev" up.

Comment

Rybkka screwed my computer up totally. I gave up on it as Chessbase would just freeze up regularly and I would have to close the program and restart it etc

So I switched to Houdini2.0. The freezing up occurs less often but I just have to patiently wait and eventually the analysis continues.

I have to regulary run intergrity checks on the DBs as I found DB errors caused the problems to pop up many time.

Still not perfect though. I just read a game while waiting for the program to unfrerze.

Comment

Working...
            X