Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jelly Baby anyone?

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
    Besides our incredible Hamilton coffee, our free refreshment booth will be featuring, jelly baby's......
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfisgGuuUD8
    There are six stickies at the top of this page
    on Chess Talk.If this keeps up we will have to
    go to page two to read the regular news.I
    predict 70 players this weekend.I noticed
    there are a lot of good restaurants on
    Queenston near Nash.

Comment

Originally posted by James Williamson View Post
      There are six stickies at the top of this page
      on Chess Talk.If this keeps up we will have to
      go to page two to read the regular news.I
      predict 70 players this weekend.I noticed
      there are a lot of good restaurants on
      Queenston near Nash.
      The school is by Parkdale and Queenston. There are restaurants in the area but I wouldn't recommend the Bedrock Bistro to anyone. I used to work beside there and it was not a treat. There is a KFC and a fish and chips place on Parkdale. A Tim's down the road. Wendy's by Nash.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeljko Kitich View Post
        There are restaurants in the area but I wouldn't recommend the Bedrock Bistro to anyone.
        Really? Last year we negotiated discount coupons with Bedrock Bistro, but I will have to admit I have never actually eaten there. We picked them because the menu looked good and it was within walking distance.

Sorry folks, no coupons this year.But I would be interested if anyone else has a comment on Bedrock Bistro, for future reference.

Comment

Really? Last year we negotiated discount coupons with Bedrock Bistro, but I will have to admit I have never actually eaten there. We picked them because the menu looked good and it was within walking distance.

Sorry folks, no coupons this year.But I would be interested if anyone else has a comment on Bedrock Bistro, for future reference.
          Yes, really. It got so bad most of us from next door stopped going there to eat. Which was too bad because it was handy. I think once someone even had a problem with the salad bar. The owner is the cook from what I remember so he's not going to fire himself. This was when the Ontario Works office was at 280 Queenston. I was at that location for about 3 years and tried the BB about 20 times before I gave up. But by all means give it a go...
          Last edited by Zeljko Kitich; Tuesday, 19th March, 2013, 02:04 PM.

Comment

The school is by Parkdale and Queenston. There are restaurants in the area but I wouldn't recommend the Bedrock Bistro to anyone. I used to work beside there and it was not a treat. There is a KFC and a fish and chips place on Parkdale. A Tim's down the road. Wendy's by Nash.
            My brother told me he liked the Bedrock Bistro. He's been there 2 or 3 times with his friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Garvin Nunes View Post
              My brother told me he liked the Bedrock Bistro. He's been there 2 or 3 times with his friends.
              Sure thing. I've only said I don't recommend it to anyone based on my experience and my co-workers experience. I still say that but it's not a big concern for me.
              Last edited by Zeljko Kitich; Tuesday, 19th March, 2013, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Sure thing. I've only said I don't recommend it to anyone based on my experience and my co-workers experience. I still say that but it's not a big concern for me.
                I haven't personally eaten there so I cant say.

Comment

I should note that a major mall is less than 10 minute drive away. Plenty to eat there.

Comment

Originally posted by Garvin Nunes View Post
                    I should note that a major mall is less than 10 minute drive away. Plenty to eat there.
                    He means Eastgate Square folks, at the corner of Queenston and Centennial. Closer options also include the Mr Sub, north down the road on Parkdale and Melvin. And if I remember right you'll pass a Wendy's and a Popeye's chicken on the way to Eastgate. And what's the name of the Polish type deli at Queenston and Nash? It isn't Niagara open roast beef sandwiches but pretty good stuff.
                    Last edited by Zeljko Kitich; Tuesday, 19th March, 2013, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Re: Hamilton Winter Open 2013 - March 23-24

Well, we are at 59 players now.
                      It looks like James's prediction of 70 maybe pretty close.

Only a couple of days left to register,
                      Don't miss out, put down the pipe and email us.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9zcLAUp5E0

Comment

Floaters?

Someone asked me "what is a floater?"

Most of us know the role floaters play, but for those who don't,

A floater is someone who only plays when there is an odd number of players. An odd number of players means somebody doesn't get to play. This usually is the lowest player in the standings. A full point that is awarded as compensation, but most players would rather get a game. Organizers can avoid this if they have players willing to fill in as floaters.

We have a floater for each section, so nobody should be forced to sit out any round. :D

Comment

Re: Floaters?

Someone asked me "what is a floater?"

Most of us know the role floaters play, but for those who don't,

A floater is someone who only plays when there is an odd number of players. An odd number of players means somebody doesn't get to play. This usually is the lowest player in the standings. A full point that is awarded as compensation, but most players would rather get a game. Organizers can avoid this if they have players willing to fill in as floaters.

We have a floater for each section, so nobody should be forced to sit out any round. :D
                          A floater is that nerdy guy at the high school dance that no one wants to dance with unless there are no other options. :D:p

Comment

Re: Floaters?

A floater is that nerdy guy at the high school dance that no one wants to dance with unless there are no other options. :D:p
                            Sunny Saturday,Sunny Sunday.The weather
                            looks good.:)

Comment

Add Keith Wight to the list. :D

Comment

Just a reminder: Those of you who have 1st round byes please register at 1pm on Saturday. I apologize to those who I put the wrong time in their emails.

Comment

Working...
                                X