Question for Aman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Aman?

How did you make the chessdom team? Were you Johny-on-the-spot? or did you communicate a desire to do commentary or were they awed with your recent tournament record? -or did they check out your personal website and fall in love with it? I mean its a brilliant opportunity but c'mon tell us how it happened

Re: Question for Aman?

If Aman gives free lessons on how to get such chess positions, everyone will use his methods. Simply put it down to his pleasant personality and easy going ways. :)
    Gary Ruben
    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
      How did you make the chessdom team? Were you Johny-on-the-spot? or did you communicate a desire to do commentary or were they awed with your recent tournament record? -or did they check out your personal website and fall in love with it? I mean its a brilliant opportunity but c'mon tell us how it happened
      It was just a question of knowing the right people, as are a lot of success stories. ;)

I didn't have an interest actually, until the idea was presented to me. I thought it would be a great opportunity to test my understanding of the various positions I would be commenting on, and I also knew what it would do for the readership of my website.

My next commentary happens tomorrow morning!

Comment

I have a question for IM Hambleton also, what study methods did you use to go from 2100-2200 strength to IM (probably GM) strength in such a short amount of time? Everyone in Canada is amazed at your performance and climb the last little while.
        University and Chess, a difficult mix.

Comment

It must have been a thrill to comment on Anand's new Immortal.

Comment

Working...
          X