U20 Youth Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U20 Youth Championships

Is there such a thing as an U20 Youth World Championship? And if so are there qualifiers for such a thing? I'm just wondering...
    University and Chess, a difficult mix.

Re: World Junior/Junior Girls Championships

Originally posted by Adam Cormier View Post
    Is there such a thing as an U20 Youth World Championship? And if so are there qualifiers for such a thing? I'm just wondering...
    Once over 18, the junior moves out of the " youth " category ( in the last year you are considered U 18 if you have your 18th birthday in the tournament year ie as of 12:00 AM midnight Jan. 1, you are deemed still to be 17 years old).

For the U 20's juniors, there is the World Junior/Junior Girls World Championship. Eric Hansen and Shiyam Thavandiran played in the 2012 one for Canada ( If I remember correctly - and I think Eric finished quite high - tied 5th?? ).

Bob A, CFC Public Relations Coordinator
    Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Tuesday, 15th January, 2013, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Re: U20 Youth Championships

Imho, you should not even think about playing in the Juniors until you're a legit master otherwise you'll get smashed (this is from personal experience) and it'll just be a waste of money, those guys at the Worlds are all underrated...
      Shameless self-promotion on display here
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Barkyducky?feature=mhee

Comment

Re: U20 Youth Championships

Originally posted by Bindi Cheng View Post
        Imho, you should not even think about playing in the Juniors until you're a legit master otherwise you'll get smashed (this is from personal experience) and it'll just be a waste of money, those guys at the Worlds are all underrated...
        damn real talk right there
        i rep back 3+

Comment

Working...
        X