Code:
    Annex      0    - 4   Academy	
    Knights    3    - 1   Aurora	
    Willowdale 2.5  - 1.5 Phantoms
    Hart       4    - 0   GGY
    Details

Comment

Re : 2013 GTCL League Round 3

It certainly appears the ACC missed a golden opportunity last night. The Chess Academy of Canada, the #1 seed, didn't play their top 2 boards and the ACC 'should' have been highly competitive on all 4 boards. Alas, the ACC did their best Toronto Maple Leafs impersonation and got whitewashed 4 - 0.

Comment

Re: Re : 2013 GTCL League Round 3

Originally posted by Jack Maguire View Post
        It certainly appears the ACC missed a golden opportunity last night.
        It was AuCC who almost made a front page LOL. What a draw on the 4 board - a 12xx player drew 2100 LOL Young Yuanchen almost beat Vlad. After an afoul opening I got chances to draw Victor. Unfortunately Fortune was with strongest. We lost 1-3. It was an exciting match :)
        Last edited by Egidijus Zeromskis; Wednesday, 23rd January, 2013, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Re : Re: Re : 2013 GTCL League Round 3

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
          It was AuCC who almost made a front page LOL. What a draw on the 4 board - a 12xx player drew 2100 LOL Young Yuanchen almost beat Vlad. After an afoul opening I got chances to draw Victor. Unfortunately Fortune was with strongest. We lost 1-3. It was an exciting match :)
          Love your AuCC designation! Rather reminds me of old chess books (which I adore) where the Knight is a Kt. Of course, today we 'misspell' them as N.

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Re : 2013 GTCL League Round 3

Love your AuCC designation! Rather reminds me of old chess books (which I adore) where the Knight is a Kt. Of course, today we 'misspell' them as N.
            What do you think about this: A²CC (AurorA):D

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Re : 2013 GTCL League Round 3

Hi Egis:

Keep working on it - your improve each time!!

Comment

Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : 2013 GTCL League Round 3

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                What do you think about this: A²CC (AurorA):D
                Given I've named my last two sons Pi (the gov't wouldn't accept the pi symbol) and Zehn (the number 10 in German), you've got a thumbs up from me, Egis.

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : 2013 GTCL League Round 3

Given I've named my last two sons Pi (the gov't wouldn't accept the pi symbol) and Zehn (the number 10 in German), you've got a thumbs up from me, Egis.
                  What did you name your sons before that?

Comment

Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : 2013 GTCL League Round 3

Originally posted by Aman Hambleton View Post
                    What did you name your sons before that?
                    None of the four elder siblings (three boys and a lone girl, and from a different mother) have mathematically themed names, Aman.

Lol, I'm now trying to dissuade my eldest, Yael (after the protagonist in a Robert Rimmer novel, 'The Rebellion of Yale Marrett') Maguire, who received his Masters and PhD degrees in physics from MIT in Boston, and married a fellow MIT science student there, Diana Young, from naming their first born (who I believe shares your birthday, if chessgames.com has your bio right), Atom Nova.

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : 2013 GTCL League Round 3

None of the four elder siblings (three boys and a lone girl, and from a different mother) have mathematically themed names, Aman.

Lol, I'm now trying to dissuade my eldest, Yael (after the protagonist in a Robert Rimmer novel, 'The Rebellion of Yale Marrett') Maguire, who received his Masters and PhD degrees in physics from MIT in Boston, and married a fellow MIT science student there, Diana Young, from naming their first born (who I believe shares your birthday, if chessgames.com has your bio right), Atom Nova.
                      This is priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by Rene Preotu View Post
                        This is priceless.
                        I agree... I sometimes refer to my children by their subscript: "child(n)" where n ranges from 1-4 [I would normally use subscripts 0 through 3 but none of my children took up Math or Programming and would be confused I think] <g>
                        ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

LMAO, this is taking naming kids to a whole new level.

"Clap Clap Clap"
                          Shameless self-promotion on display here
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/Barkyducky?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
                          X