Gibraltar madness in R1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibraltar madness in R1

Check out the early results in R1 action in Gibraltar. Of the first 6 games to finish, the lower rated opponent (circa 500 FIDE points!) has scored +2 -2 =2.

Shirov (2708) got absolutely crushed with a very nice Benoni played by a Toomas Valgmae (2218).

Re: Gibraltar madness in R1

Hi Jack. If you were following on Chessdom or some equivalent, it looks like a lot of the boards got swapped so I wouldn't trust any of those results. Take a look at the main site (among other things, Shirov won his game)

http://www.gibraltarchesscongress.com/

Comment

Re : Gibraltar madness in R1

I see that now, Tyler. The Valgmae gem was actually played by Navarra. I don't think any of the elites lost but may have been nicked for 3 draws.

Good luck in your game tonight at the WCC.
      Last edited by Jack Maguire; Tuesday, 22nd January, 2013, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Re: Gibraltar madness in R1

Originally posted by Jack Maguire View Post

Shirov (2708) got absolutely crushed with a very nice Benoni played by a Toomas Valgmae (2218).
        Do you have a URL for that? I looked and it was Shirov who won and it's not what I would consider a Benoni.
        Gary Ruben
        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Re : Re: Gibraltar madness in R1

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
          Do you have a URL for that? I looked and it was Shirov who won and it's not what I would consider a Benoni.
          The Navarra and Shirov boards got swapped at ChessBomb/Chessdom, Gary. They've now corrected the Navarra game but still show the identical (Navarra) game for Shirov. I'm sure the site will eventually get around to showing Shirov's win as well.

Comment

Working...
          X