The stats at alexa.com say we are getting hits from India and Philippines...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The stats at alexa.com say we are getting hits from India and Philippines...

Once in a while I take a look at this site which is suppose to tell us how popular a website is. Since we did the Canadian Junior which was covered on Monroi.com...we are getting great results in countries such as India and the Philippines:

Chesstalk.info’s Regional Traffic Ranks (Chesstalk.info combines all our websites)
    Country Rank
    Philippines ranked 3,589
    Canada ranked 21,499
    India ranked 131,342
    Global Rank: 328,414
    This is the first time we ranked in those countries.

Monroi has the following ranking:
    United States ranked 277,339
    Global Rank: 681,888

The CFC has turned in what I believe is their best rank ever according to this site:
    Canada 21,669
    Global Rank: 893,932

The FIDE site has the following ranking globally:

How much credibility do you give to these traffic evaluation sites?

Larry

Re: The stats at alexa.com say we are getting hits from India and Philippines...

Alexa is extremely accurate, but based on some recent posts here I'd say there's a high chance a bunch of the hits from non-Canadians are from spammers.

Comment

Re: The stats at alexa.com say we are getting hits from India and Philippines...

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
      Philippines:
      From Alex'a: "Roughly 45% of visitors to the site come from the Philippines"

imho, you should check what you have on your server or check where exactly they go.
      Maybe there is a magic stream of W.So fans :/

Comment

I am trying to figure out how we should write our posts to reflect solidarity with our Indian and Filipino bretheren.

Comment

Working...
        X