Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFC RFP: Books and Equipment Contract

CFC RFP: Books and Equipment Contract

The Chess Federation of Canada (CFC) seeks a vendor to handle its merchandising, including, but not limited to, the retail of books and equipment. The CFC provides prominent space on its website, logistical support in the processing of orders and its brand. The successful applicant provides a marketing strategy consistent with the CFC's goals, while offering competitive pricing to both its membership and the wider chess community. Terms and conditions are negotiable. Those interested in submitting an application, please contact Mark S. Dutton, CFC President, at president@chess.ca.

Re: CFC RFP: Books and Equipment Contract

On another thread Larry asked about conditions of the contracts not specifying them.

While I don't care to go into the current contract details (Equipment Sales), I can say our profit level is based on a percentage of the gross sales.

The financial statements are available, but are complicated by the addition of book sales commissions and CYCC/CO sales commissions to both gross and net sales.

I suppose another method besides % of gross, could be an amount based on membership levels, or just a set amount.

From the CFC Web Site (Years are fiscal years):
    Sales (Net Profit) 2012 - $3,750
    Sales (Net Profit) 2011 - $8,416

These amounts include net from equipment contract, and gross from book commissions and CYCC/CO sales commission. Also there was a loss in 2012 from the 2011 Yearbook that we published (that pushed the net profit down, as we ended up writing off the inventory).

Comment

Re: CFC RFP: Books and Equipment Contract

Deadline for applications is March 15, 2013

Comment

Working...
      X