CANdidates winners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CANdidates winners

A multi-choice poll. Though check only THREE!!!

The poll winners are those who will predict all top-3 players.

It is an OPEN poll. Your name will be visible.

once more: choose only THREE
    Carlsen
    30.70%
    Kramnik
    16.67%
    Aronian
    19.30%
    Radjabov
    13.16%
    Grischuk
    3.51%
    Ivanchuk
    8.77%
    Svidler
    3.51%
    Gelfand
    4.39%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Egidijus Zeromskis; Thursday, 14th March, 2013, 10:14 PM.

Re: CANdidates winners

I didn't realize the poll is open so long after the match begins or I would have waited to guess.

It's like betting on a baseball game in the third inning.

By March 18th it should be obvious who to eliminate.
    Gary Ruben
    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

I was very creative and picked Carlsen, Kramnik, Aronian:-)

Comment

Maybe he used his crystal ball and put the names in the order they will finish.

It's a double round robin so I guess those who draw with black have an advantage if they can win with white.
        Gary Ruben
        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
          I didn't realize the poll is open so long after the match begins or I would have waited to guess.

It's like betting on a baseball game in the third inning.

By March 18th it should be obvious who to eliminate.
          The poll was started quite late (yesterday night). Thus it is left one work-day. Thus, I put one more for Monday. Does it give more chances? Let us know if you'll change your opinion on Monday :D

I thought that the poll had more options. Like three stars for the first place, two for the second. It would have been the more interesting poll. but...

Comment

Maybe he used his crystal ball and put the names in the order they will finish.
            It was easier - by rating.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
              The poll was started quite late (yesterday night). Thus it is left one work-day. Thus, I put one more for Monday. Does it give more chances? Let us know if you'll change your opinion on Monday :D
              I'll have to give my recipe for Manana Chilli. Eat it today and be ready to go to work on Monday.

I don't think Monday will make any difference to my picks. Chess isn't really a betting proposition. (I don't want to call chess a sport). This has a different flavour because there can be only one who goes forward to for the final big money match.

I picked Grischuk to win because there are 3 Russian players.
              Gary Ruben
              CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Carlsen is overdue for a bad tournament. I also didn't pick him to even place just to be a contrarian for a change. :D
                Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
                Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
                  Carlsen is overdue for a bad tournament. I also didn't pick him to even place just to be a contrarian for a change. :D

If he doesn't even place, the event will follow him. I think a top 3 is in the cards but maybe you're right. Of course, the odds mean nothing. They aren't meant to be a predictor of the winner.
                  Gary Ruben
                  CC - IA and SIM

Comment

I picked Grischuk to win because there are 3 Russian players.
                    Things changed since 1948. In 2007 there were actually four Russians and Anand won. Besides, Kramnik lost a key game to Morozevich.

Comment

Whats wrong with people? Why arent there more Grischuk supporters??

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
                        Whats wrong with people? Why arent there more Grischuk supporters??
                        Too many don't understand chess or appreciate Grischuk's style and tough play, I suppose. It's a double round robin so the early leaders might not be a predictor of who will win.
                        Gary Ruben
                        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

The reason I don't like Grischuk is that he makes me feel that a major reform is needed in chess. His performance in the World Cup, where, basically he drew every classical game and relied on his youth and blitz ability to win the playoffs, so aggravated me that I gave up chess for some time. Chess may become like Olympic judo , where the referees have to interfere by giving one of the competitors a leg of their opponents to hold onto ,so as to assure the audience of a win at the Olympic level.

Comment

At this moment seems that Radjabov and Ivanchuk were overestimated. Still many rounds to go.

Comment

If we don't count Daniel Abrahams and Kevin Me (they voted for all 8 players ???) only Forest-Mingjia Guo got all 3 top players correctly.

Comment

Working...
                              X