Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CFC Executive Director

Originally posted by Paul Leblanc View Post
    I had the priviledge of being a non-executive member of the E.D. Selection Committee. We had 5 very competent bidders. Our decision was based on the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidates. There is no doubt that the best candidate was selected and he will serve the CFC well.
    I too wish Gerry well and thank him for his exemplary service and dedication to the CFC.
    That's right! I support that decision and wish the new President all the best in his new position an duties.
    :)

Comment

Congratulations to Michael on his selection as ED.
      It is unfortunate that the selection process was flawed but the outcome is unexceptionable.
      I am sure Michael will do a fine job and justify the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Craft View Post
        I think the Federation needs a policy which provides for a cooling off period between when someone is serving on the executive and when s/he is retained as an employee or contractor.
        I second that emotion.

Do you have an opinion on replacing the three major working postions at the same time? Maybe the dates when the contacts expire should be staggered.
        Gary Ruben
        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Caesar Posylek View Post
          That's right! I support that decision and wish the new President all the best in his new position an duties.
          :)
          President = Executive Director ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
            As a governor who only dealt with Gerry from time to time, I must say that I felt he did a very good job. I also hope he does very well in future - he is an honest, hard-working individual.

Bob Armstrong, CFC Governor ( Ont./GTCL)

Hi,

I dealt with Gerry on several occasions as both arbiter and organizer for many different events / situations. Gerry is an exceptionally hard worker, incredibly meticulous and someone who really seemed to go above and beyond. Big shoes to fill for MVK. All the best,

Alex Ferreira

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
              I second that emotion.

Do you have an opinion on replacing the three major working postions at the same time? Maybe the dates when the contacts expire should be staggered.
              What happened this time around is that contracts that were essentially month to month after the end date had passed were brought in line with the ExD contract and all will now expire on May 1 (the start of the CFC business year). The Book & Equipment in three years, the other two in two years.

It is a good question for the 2014/15 Executive to consider at that time.

Comment

I would like to thank Gerry Litchfield for his tremendous years of service to the CFC! Bravo! I dealt with him on several occasions and always thought he was energetic, full of integrity, and had the membership's best interests at heart. Good luck, Gerry! I'm looking forward to your continued involvement in Canadian chess, in whichever roles you choose to play. :)

And, I want to contratulate Michael Von Keitz on his appointment as the new CFC Executive Director. I'm very optimistic that Michael will carry on the same level of wonderful work and commitment, in his new position, as he has shown in Canadian chess leadership for the past half-dozen years!

Let's all work TOGETHER to build Canadian chess for the future! :)

Comment

Working...
                X