Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ottawa CYCC Qualifier: Easter Monday day camp

EOCA Tournaments webpage : http://www.eoca.org/2012-13_tournaments.html
    entries posted @ CFC Chat : http://chesscanada.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

We are pleased to announce the Easter Monday 2013 Ottawa CYCC Qualifier. Featuring International Master (IM) Tom O'Donnell, this is a chess camp on Easter Monday, April 1st. Most Ontario children do not have school on Easter Monday, but many of their parents are working. This event offers a great chess alternative! The official tournament runs between 9am and 5pm, but children can be dropped off as early as 8am, and picked up as late as 6pm.

Please go to the weblinks above for details, and if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at your earliest convenience. Note this event is already less than a month away, and that there will be no onsite registration on the day of the event (we expect to reach capacity before then anyway).

Yours in chess,

Aris Marghetis, IA/IO
    arismarghetis at rogers dot com

Re: Ottawa CYCC Qualifier: Easter Monday day camp

Hi again chess families, some of you have asked whether I will be at the RA Centre this Thursday evening, to take registrations in person. Unfortunately, I do not know yet for sure, as I often work evenings. Therefore, I would mail in your registration by Monday.

However, please note that I am running a kids tournament tomorrow morning, at the same location as where the CYCC Qualifier day camp will be held on Easter Monday. This tournament is reserved for kids in my Sunday club, but it provides you with another option for registering. Please note that I will be onsite tomorrow morning from about 8am to at least 12noon, but I will be extremely busy. However, you are welcome to drop off your registration(s) in a dedicated drop-off pile by the stage. Please staple your cheque (or cash especially) right to the registration form and date-of-birth photocopy.

Thanks and regards, Aris.

Comment

Hi again chess families, here is another registration opportunity. If you have not already mailed your registration, please bring it in person this Thursday evening at the RA chess club. I intend to be there from 7pm until at least 9pm. If I am playing a rated game, please wait until I get up from the board, which I do every once in a while. Both cash and cheques will be accepted that evening. At this point in time, I think it is too late to regular snail mail.

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
        Hi again chess families, here is another registration opportunity. If you have not already mailed your registration, please bring it in person this Thursday evening at the RA chess club. I intend to be there from 7pm until at least 9pm. If I am playing a rated game, please wait until I get up from the board, which I do every once in a while. Both cash and cheques will be accepted that evening. At this point in time, I think it is too late to regular snail mail.
        This is to confirm that I will be at the RA Centre chess club this evening, to take registrations for the Ottawa CYCC Qualifier (and chess day camp), scheduled for April 1st. I do not plan to play at the RA chess club tonight, but will instead try to set up in the hallway outside where the RA chess club meets (usually the East Wing, Outaouais room, near the Fieldhouse restaurant). For those who do not know me, I am rather bald, and will be wearing a red Senators jersey :)

Comment

pre-registered list so far

Here's the list of pre-registered players so far. All of these families are also being emailed.

If you would still like to register, or you thought that you already had, but are missing from the following list, then you really need to email me ASAP : arismarghetis at rogers dot com

Adriaanse, Adam
          Chen, Henry
          Chen, William
          Dai, Alvin
          Fu, Matthew
          Gan, David
          Gu, Kevin
          Huang, Max
          Ju, Larry
          Ju, Terry
          Kuttner, Simon
          Li, Dylan