Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Ontario Open: the event announcement

EOCA Tournaments webpage : http://www.eoca.org/2012-13_tournaments.html
    entries posted @ ChessTalk : http://www.chesstalk.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

The EOCA (Eastern Ontario Chess Association) is proud to be hosting the Ontario Open this year, on the traditional dates of Victoria Day long weekend.

There will be budget accommodations next door at Carleton University, but their website is being rebuilt. As soon as that weblink is ready, we'll post it.

Yours in chess,

Aris Marghetis, IA/IO
    arismarghetis at rogers dot com

Re: 2013 Ontario Open: the event announcement

On the OCA website too :) http://www.chessontario.com

The last year flyer had a restriction that ALL players must be the CFC members. This year it does not mention about the membership. Any details?

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
      On the OCA website too :) http://www.chessontario.com

The last year flyer had a restriction that ALL players must be the CFC members. This year it does not mention about the membership. Any details?
      I had nothing to do with last year's flyer ... and I do not understand the confusion :

This event is being rated CFC, and all sections above 1600 are also being rated FIDE.

All players must be either currently active CFC members, or CFC "tournament memberships" and currently active FQE memberships, are equivalent to currently active CFC memberships.
      Last edited by Aris Marghetis; Friday, 22nd March, 2013, 10:28 AM. Reason: to clarify memberships

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
        I had nothing to do with last year's flyer ... and I do not understand the confusion :

This event is being rated CFC, and all sections above 1600 are also being rated FIDE.

All players must be either currently active CFC members, or CFC "tournament memberships" and currently active FQE memberships, are equivalent to currently active CFC memberships.
        In case it is not obvious, I edited my previous post, to specifically spell out that CFC tournament memberships and currently active FQE memberships, are equivalent to currently active CFC memberships. I did not spell it out before, as it's national policy?!

Comment

Hi there, bumping this thread, but also to give heads-up that within 48 hours or so :

- will email registration confirmations for payments already received
          - will post pre-registered list of all players so far, here at ChessTalk
          - will announce days and times for locals to pre-register at RA club

$55 early bird rate still in effect (Carleton U's lodging website broken)

Comment

Hi again, we regret to report the Carleton University lodging website is still not ready. However, travelers can now call their lodging front desk directly, at (613) 520-5609 (no toll-free number). This line is supposedly manned 24 hours a day, but we appreciate the frustration that some of you have been going through in trying to book there. We also realize some of you might have been holding off registering for our tournament, until you knew how much it would cost to stay over at Carleton. Therefore, we are extending the early-bird tournament entry fee of $55, which had applied until May 1st. Some of you have already mailed in $75, and we will simply refund you $20 next week.

We will also update the event announcement to cover the updated entry fee options :
            1) $55 : paid before onsite
            2) $75 : emailed before onsite, and paying onsite
            3) $95 : no email before onsite, and paying onsite

For local players who wish to register at the RA club this Thursday evening, the RA club TD, Halldor Palsson, has graciously offered to accept registrations and payments. Please provide to him either $55 in cash, or $55 cheq made out to "NNOCC". Thanks Halldor!

Comment

Local Registrations Tonight

For local players who wish to register at the RA club this Thursday evening, the RA club TD, Halldor Palsson, has graciously offered to accept registrations and payments. Please provide to him either $55 in cash, or $55 cheq made out to "NNOCC". Thanks Halldor!

Comment

Working...
              X