wearing headphones during a game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wearing headphones during a game

i used to listen to music during tournament games all the time back in the days before smartphones. is this allowed anymore?

could i listen to music on my phone if the phone were in airplane mode?

could i have headphones in if they were connected to a phone that were turned off? (i.e. just being used to block out noise)
    everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Re: wearing headphones during a game

I like to wear headphones at chess tournaments to look cool. It really works.

Comment

Originally posted by ben daswani View Post
      could i listen to music on my phone if the phone were in airplane mode?

could i have headphones in if they were connected to a phone that were turned off? (i.e. just being used to block out noise)
      Rules:
      Without the permission of the arbiter a player is forbidden to have a mobile phone or other electronic means of communication in the playing venue, unless they are completely switched off. If any such device produces a sound, the player shall lose the game. The opponent shall win. However, if the opponent cannot win the game by any series of legal moves, his score shall be a draw.

It is forbidden to distract or annoy the opponent in any manner whatsoever. This includes unreasonable claims, unreasonable offers of a draw or the introduction of a source of noise into the playing area.
      Use earplugs to cancel noise otherwise you should talk with an arbiter (and an opponent) to use your headphones in advance.

Comment

yes, i've been using earplugs for a few years, but by the end of a tournament my ears actually feel a bit sore from having the plugs in day and night. thanks for the response
        everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Use a headset. Those things are really cool if you have an easter bunny on top. :)

Kovalchuk is out and I don't have anyone to replace him.
          Gary Ruben
          CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Looks pretty dorky to me...

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
              Kovalchuk is out and I don't have anyone to replace him.
              don't worry. kovalchuk is a beast and he will return shortly

Comment

Working...
              X