Your opinion please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinion please

We are experimenting with chess contributions by Canadian Masters on this site. We asked them to start with a couple of paragraphs about a recent Canadian event followed by analysis of a game from the event. Hans Jung stepped up to the plate first, followed by John Upper and Michael Kleinman. We have formatting issues to resolve which I will try to solve. Regardless, I thought these folks have done a good job and I have no problem inviting them back in April. I am very happy to announce that Aman will be making a contribution on May 6 about the Nfld Championship.

We will be continuing this feature at Chesstalk for at least another 8 weeks. I will be contacting previous contributors for a 2nd article but I am also interested in new contributors. You must be a Canadian Master who will analyse a recent Canadian game. We pay a modest sum for your efforts. You can contact me at bevand@chess-math.org

Tell me what you think of this feature!
    Great idea
    52.63%
    No thank you
    10.53%
    I enjoyed at least one of the contributions
    15.79%
    Doesn't matter to me
    21.05%

The poll is expired.

Re: Your opinion please

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
    We are experimenting with chess contributions by Canadian Masters on this site. We asked them to start with a couple of paragraphs about a Canadian recent Canadian event followed by analysis of a game from the event. Hans Jung stepped up to the plate first, followed by John Upper and Michael Kleinman. We have formatting issues to resolve which I will try to get solved. Regardless, I thought these folks have done a good job and have no problem inviting them back in April. I am very happy to announce that Aman will be making a contribution on May 6 about the Nfld Championship.

We will be continuing this feature at Chesstalk for at least another 8 weeks. I will be contacting previous contributors for a 2nd article but I am also interested in new contributors. You must be a Canadian Master who will analyse a recent Canadian game. We pay a modest sum for your efforts. You can contact me at bevand@chess-math.org

Tell me what you think of this feature!
    The first submission was a vanilla tournament report - it could have been written (in my eyes) by any player. I didn't feel like there was a particular narrative to it and I didn't feel "like I was there". If you want to pursue the project, you should hire:

1) Masters - to analyze games and teach the readers

2) Good writers - to tell the story of a tournament.

Comment

Re: Your opinion please

I would like to see book reviews, books that masters recommend would be helpful to improve, and thematic, educational positions like Sambuev's lecture on winning an isolated d-pawn. Many news websites look at lines in recent games and computers can blunder check, but deeper insight into the possible plans in a wild, unclear positions can only come from an understanding master.

Comment

Working...
      X