Aurora CC (ON) - 2nd CFC-rated event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aurora CC (ON) - 2nd CFC-rated event

A final call as TDs want to have a free-worry weekend :)

It is a six-rounds (weeks) CFC-regular-rating-rated event with a time control of 1h 30 minutes per player. We already have all spectra of players: from a rising super-star Sergey, to family of Love :)

Please register before Friday 5pm to be paired for the first round which will be held this Monday 6:45pm at Aurora High School. Details and the registered players @ http://www.aurorachessclub.ca/?page_id=1676

Re: Aurora CC (ON) - 2nd CFC-rated event

bump up, as the deadline is today at 5pm for Monday games.
    23 players at this moment. :)

Comment

The first round results at http://www.aurorachessclub.ca/?page_id=1676 If you want to come and play on Monday, register today to be paired properly. Currently 27 players are on the list.
      The club soon will have 50 members (including 4 girls.)

Aurora Summer Open: we already know that there will be fights for the first places. In other words more than one player in every section at this moment :D
      Last edited by Egidijus Zeromskis; Friday, 12th April, 2013, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Yesterday we played the second round. There were some tough games lasting till the end of session. One was mine :) We reached this position and I played e6, tricking him to exchange queens on d5. Do you see a trick why it is not good? :) (mainly pawn to e6 was to prevent check on g4)

Results and standings.

Several pictures:

Sergey beat Dave without mercy.

A good TD and Arbiter is invisible

Ivan is careful with his writing as with his chess.

serious chess

all other pictures https://picasaweb.google.com/1143172...eat=directlink

Comment

What time control do you use for the 1-game a week events?

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
            What time control do you use for the 1-game a week events?
            90 min per player. We start at 6:45 pm (we try hard with that :D and by 8:30-9:00 pm most of the games are finished. Though some games goes into time troubles and finish ~9:45-9:55. Thus, still some time for analyses and several blitz games :)

Comment

I take it your site is large enough that blitz and analysis won't disturb late-finishing games. Or do you have two rooms?

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
                I take it your site is large enough that blitz and analysis won't disturb late-finishing games. Or do you have two rooms?
                I posted long time ago a school cafeteria picture. The hall is big. Probably we could sit ~200 players LOL Though, the blitz is after all games are finished. Meantime simple casual type chess, what really go all night amongst non-tournament players. Noise - impossible without it. We try to manage it in various ways. ;)

Cafeteria pictures can be seen at About Us
                Last edited by Egidijus Zeromskis; Tuesday, 16th April, 2013, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Tournament slowly grew to 32 players :D To enter a tournament and be paired for Monday Round 4, just send an email by 5-pm.

Details and previous round results @ http://www.aurorachessclub.ca/?page_id=1863

Comment

5 rounds are already finished. Yesterday 3 top boards were in time troubles, and only on one side :D

I was defending against a Doug's attack. He gave quite early a bishop pair, and I without much thinking made a bad move/plan and suffered for a long period Somehow we reached the endgame what I won easily with the help of my opponent :D Mickey was pressing Bernie, and got a positional advantage, then a material, then overpressed and he lost a piece. Bernie got scared and started to think for too long and lost on time. (A question/suggestion:" Do you know that you could offer a draw?" was met with wide-open eyes. Bernie and Mickey are real fighters - no need for draws :D I can not add much about other games as they were going at faster pace.

Results, standings and final round pairings are posted at http://www.aurorachessclub.ca/?page_id=1863

On the Victoria day (May 20), the club will be closed. Some players are heading to Ottawa for a retreat :D
                    On May 27, Rapid will be organized.

We secured a place for summer meetings too. Details later.

Comment

Working...
                    X