FIDE doen't officially exist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIDE doen't officially exist

At the last Chess Olimpiad Congres's meeting in Dresno(Germany),Mr.Georgios Makropoulos (vice president) - stated that FIDE has never been officially registered! How about all those national chess organizations paying fees to that illegal world chess organization?

Re: FIDE doen't officially exist

Originally posted by Caesar Posylek View Post
    At the last Chess Olimpiad Congres's meeting in Dresno(Germany),Mr.Georgios Makropoulos (vice president) - stated that FIDE has never been officially registered! How about all those national chess organizations paying fees to that illegal world chess organization?
    Hi Caesar,

FIDE hasn't been officially registered as what, and with whom would they have to register? Not registered as an organization, or a member of the Olympic movement or what?

By the way, I was just remembering the last time I saw you, you were playing against Boris Spassky. I seem to recall the year was 1994. What I can't recall is the defence you were playing. Was it the black side of the King's Gambit? I do recall when I left I thought you were standing about equal.
    Gary Ruben
    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

What about The World Olimpic Committee and other similiar international bodies to register FIDE within?

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
        By the way, I was just remembering the last time I saw you, you were playing against Boris Spassky. I seem to recall the year was 1994. What I can't recall is the defence you were playing. Was it the black side of the King's Gambit? I do recall when I left I thought you were standing about equal.
        Hi Gary,
        I remember you too. That game I played then was lost by me, as Mr. Spassky was able to promote his the only piece on the chessboard - his last pawn. I didn't regret that at all! It wasn't so bad.:)

Comment

Speaking to Gulf News, after the felicitation function for the Al Ain Chess Club that won the first Asian Chess Champions League at the Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza, Ilyumzhinov said: "My aim is to ensure that chess becomes a part of the Olympic movement and is one of the events in the Olympic Games soon. Today, FIDE is made up of 165 countries and we would jointly appeal to get recognition from the International Olympic Committee."
          :)

Comment

Working...
          X