Chessbase Viewer and Blogger Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chessbase Viewer and Blogger Q

Does anyone know how the load the Chessbase Viewer into a Blogger post?

I am stuck on generating the Java/Htmal but cannot load the output files to a Blogger post.

I'm trying to use a viewer that can handle multiple games that can be selected from a games list instead of 1 game/post with ChessFlash

Any help much appreciated.

Re: Chessbase Viewer and Blogger Q

Originally posted by Michael Yip View Post
    Does anyone know how the load the Chessbase Viewer into a Blogger post?
    Not an answer, but a couple of suggestions:

If you're thinking of using the ChessBase server to relay games you might want to reconsider: many people have had problems with the CB server going down for hours; e.g. Denis Monocroussos said he won't use it anymore on his Blog The Chess Mind because it is too unreliable.

ChessBase's "output to javascript" works, and I use it on PBWorks to post games. I have to trick the server by manually renaming some of the links after uploading the files and creating the links to them. I expect will be a hurdle for almost every most blog server.
    It's possible that Blogger doesn't allow javascript on its pages -- the Google.sites I use for the Canadian Open and CYCC do not allow any non-text HTML code apart from a very small set of pre-approved widgets. Even getting the PayPal running requires a work-around. Maybe Blogger is equally restrictive?
    Last edited by John Upper; Friday, 19th April, 2013, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X