Huge upset at AB Active Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge upset at AB Active Championship

Ok since I got you reading, you are stuck with this.

GM Hansen was dominant as he normally is and scored 5/5 to win the event.
    On his way Eric had to defeat masters: Dale Haessel, Vladimir Pechenkin and Alex Yam. The only one who gave Eric some real challenge was Alex but eventually he succumbed to pressure. Second place was shared between FM Vladimir Pechenkin and Jim Daniluk with 4/5 each. Best Under 2000 was the new Albertan-Projjwal Pramanik. Projjwal scored 3.5/5. Best under 1600 was taken by Suresh Kadavil with 2.5/5. A special recognition must also be given to Ben Boody, who in his first ever tournament scored 3/5 including wins over two experienced A class players!
    The tournament was held at the Red-Deer Lodge hotel and attracted 23 participants ranging from Grandmaster to novice levels. Still, only 21 players were able to finish the tournament as two juniors had to withdraw due to sustained injuries.
    Alexey Taranik did a great job with the organization of the event. Full standings can be seen at: http://albertachess.org/2013ABact.html

Re: Huge upset at AB Active Championship

But where - oh where are the games???? Im stuck with my morning coffee without the spice - Eric Hansen games!!!! My morning is dull - Im getting depressed - where are the games????

Comment

It was an Active tournament - I doubt if any games will be available, unless it's from memory. :-)

Comment

"...two juniors had to withdraw due to sustained injuries" - this is chess, not hockey!:D

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
          It was an Active tournament - I doubt if any games will be available, unless it's from memory. :-)
          Yes, we didn't record the games, also its possible that some of the participants who will play in the International would have wanted to practice some of the openings that they intend to play without actually revealing their intentions. Just wait a week until the Calgary International:-)

Originally posted by Ken Kurkowski View Post
          "...two juniors had to withdraw due to sustained injuries" - this is chess, not hockey!:D
          I was wondering if someone would notice. I remember reading some chess article years ago and it mentioned some IM withdrawing due to an injury without further explanation. I decided to try the same:-) The injuries were of course not chess related, but had to do with kids running around.

Comment

Working...
          X