Winter Friendship Tournament 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Friendship Tournament 2

The second Winter Friendship Tournament was a single round Robin.
    5 Player Active Tournament.

John R. Brown and Ian Finlay tied for 1st-2nd with 3 pts.
    Martin Maister was Third with 2.5
    Ted Termeer was 4th at 1 pt and John Ellis finished 5th with 0.5

100% of entries were returned and a book prize was given for 5th place.

We were concerned about the Freezing Rain forecast so decided to order in two large pizza which were completely consumed.

Re: Winter Friendship Tournament 2

Hi John:

Congratulations on another tournament being run. I think it is great that you are modelling a small venue, rated tournament, format. You are breaking new ground on organizing and I hope others are curious enough to find out what you are doing and how you are doing it, and then duplicate it.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
      Hi John:

Congratulations on another tournament being run. I think it is great that you are modelling a small venue, rated tournament, format. You are breaking new ground on organizing and I hope others are curious enough to find out what you are doing and how you are doing it, and then duplicate it.

Bob
      I just want to express my utmost congratulations for a job well done even in a small attended tournament. Hope to hear more attendance later. If you can inform us how your prizes were distributed, we will greatly appreciate it. We are practical chess players, so we would like to know if the prizes meet our expectations! 100% given as prizes? Wow! How and Why? How many players can you accomodate? I might be sending 20 players to your surprise! So get ready Dude! We are looking forward to your next tourney!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Precy Mckoy View Post
        I just want to express my utmost congratulations for a job well done even in a small attended tournament. Hope to hear more attendance later. If you can inform us how your prizes were distributed, we will greatly appreciate it. We are practical chess players, so we would like to know if the prizes meet our expectations! 100% given as prizes? Wow! How and Why? How many players can you accomodate? I might be sending 20 players to your surprise! So get ready Dude! We are looking forward to your next tourney!

Cheers
        The tournaments are by invitation only and I'd doubt you'd be compatible to the group.

Comment

Hi Bob;
          It's simple.

1. Invite people who want to play chess for the goodness of chess.
          2. Encourage players who are not complainers about conditions or prizes.
          3. Continue the friendships made after the events and provide a competitive atmosphere. When Hans and Keith were playing their match you could hear a pin drop. Now that shows respect.
          4. Be considerate to all players and talk out things before you make a decision. (We all have opinions)
          5. Oh yes and Have a TD that does not worry about how much money I will lose by providing a site and snacks as well as extra book prizes for free.

Most of the invited, I've known for 30 years and I always invite new blood as some of us are getting older!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by John Brown View Post
            The tournaments are by invitation only and I'd doubt you'd be compatible to the group.
            Oh I forgot the prize break down.
            Because it was an active I asked for $23 each . $3 for rating fees and $100
            for prizes.
            Break down was First $ 40 Doubled your money
            Second $ 30 Money back plus gas money
            Third $ 20 Well I got my money back & 4 enjoyable games
            Fourth $ 10 Gas Money and some lessons
            Fifth Book Prize from a choice of 6 books. Better luck next time.

I usually give 100% back in prizes because some I invite come as far as Fort Erie and Niagara Falls and Scarborough. So why not reward your friends.

Comment

Working...
            X