ChessTalk is back at long last!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChessTalk is back at long last!

It turned out to be a simple problem to fix once one looked in the right place :) Thanks to Christian Lacasse for looking :). ChessTalk has been around for close to 13 years. This is the longest interruption we have ever faced.

Welcome back everyone :)

Re: ChessTalk is back at long last!

I was starting to suffer withdrawal pains.:)

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Ritchie View Post
      I was starting to suffer withdrawal pains.:)

You and many others Gord....it was incredible the number of phone calls and e-mails I received :)

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
        You and many others Gord....it was incredible the number of phone calls and e-mails I received :)
        I heard poor Bob G. was asking about me on the CFC message board. A classic case of separation withdrawal. While I've never met Bob, had he phoned I'd have tried to talk him through the crisis. :)
        Gary Ruben
        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

I, too, was checking daily and then frowning. :D

Comment

On the CFC Forum you wrote:

We are doing a major upgrade. We are also upgrading our accounting package, which still uses DOS.

Without compromising security with your answers – were any improvements made? Was the software updated? Is such a breakdown likely to happen again?

Comment

Our first priority was to be back on-line!;)

The last version of vBulletin (5.0.2) currently doesn't support localization (meaning the french part of Chesstalk). We are now planning to update this Forum in several steps. Next update will be posted in a week or two.

Have fun
              Last edited by Christian Lacasse; Tuesday, 28th May, 2013, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Congratulations on the new look! I thought for a moment that I was at the wrong site.

I assume that this is upgrade number 1 and more steps are to come.

Comment

Congratulations on the new look! .
                  To commemorate such update, please unstick some top threads. :)

Comment

Working...
                  X