RA Winter Open: announcements and registrations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RA Winter Open: announcements and registrations

The EOCA invites you to celebrate the new year just for yourself, by playing in our first tournament of 2009, the RA Winter Open, scheduled for the weekend of January 16th-18th. Both CFC and FQE members are welcome, and every player will be submitted for rating by both the CFC and FIDE.

This event will be very similar to recent EOCA weekend tournaments by this Organizer/TD in Ottawa, except that entry fees are generally reduced.

For complete details for this event, and a great webpage for all events in the 2008-2009 EOCA Grand Prix & Active Series, bookmark this weblink:
    http://www.eoca.org/htm/tournaments%202008-09.html

For local players who normally pay me in cash at the RA Centre on a Thursday evening, please note that I expect to be there on both the 8th and 15th, from about 7pm onward, as I have no work assigned then yet. However, in the interim, I love email registrations, as they save us both lots of time onsite.

Thanks and regards,

Aris Marghetis, Organizer/TD
    EOCA President, OCA/CFC Governor

P.S. Sensible feedback from active readers who frequent multiple Canadian chess newsgroups, has encouraged me to refrain from posting duplicate information at more than one location. Therefore, I will update this thread at the ChessTalk site, which seems to have the most general reader volume:
    http://www.chesstalk.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Finally, as I am banned from the OCC board, please feel free to direct people to this post.

Re: RA Winter Open: last week of registrations

Here is the list of players registered so far, and please check for byes you requested.

Note that the first full evening of the RA chess club will be this Thursday, January 15th, so it is likely that many of the remaining registrations will be in person in cash at the RA. In addition, due to a family commitment, I will only be there for sure between 630pm and 730pm. Therefore, I do encourage everyone who is considering registering to email me ahead of time, and to arrive as early as convenient. If you cannot get to the RA that early on Thursday evening, then RA TD Stijn De Kerpel has graciously offered to collect cash for the next hour or so, as I will be back at the RA club for 830pm to 930pm.

If you are mailing in your registration, then please do so as soon as possible, to ensure that it gets here by Friday around noon. Other options include having someone local pay for you on Thursday evening at the RA club, or arriving earlier (by 6pm) on Friday to pay onsite. One thing to remember is that late payment onsite (with registration already emailed in) is only $5 more, but late REGISTRATION AND payment onsite is $20 more.

All the best, and it has been great hearing from many returning players! Thanks, Aris.

2246 Qin, Zi Yi (Joey)

2150 Fritzsche, Helmut (bye 1)
    2133 Doubleday, William G.
    2070 Mayo, Alvah

1934 Van Dusen, Eric
    1868 Kalra, Agastya

1783 Ritchie, Gordon
    1722 Thibault, Mario
    1713 Lacroix, Michel
    1648 Zhou, Kevin
    1616 St.Louis, Luc (bye 1 & 4)

1554 Peters, Romy
    1596 Luo, Fangyi
    1524 Eyre, Keven
    1502 Serre, Martin (bye 1 & 4)

1396 Jarmyn, Tom
    1394 Liiban, Farah
    1157 Wan, Kevin
    1150 Luo, Tony

Comment

Re: RA Winter Open: last day of registrations

Here are the players so far. Please note that late payment onsite (with registration already emailed in) is only $5 more, but that late REGISTRATION AND payment onsite is $20 more.

I expect to check the snail mail one last time Friday morning, lose email connectivity at 4pm, arrive onsite by 5pm, and do the initial pairings at 6pm, with all of the players who are paid up. And then, players paying after 6pm will be added to the pairings as feasible.

See you later today (Friday) !!

2590 GM Sambuev, Bator
      2516 IM Samsonkin, Artiom (not confirmed yet)
      2438 IM Hebert, Jean (to pay onsite)
      2394 FM Hamilton, Robert
      2246 Qin, Zi Yi (Joey)

2150 Fritzsche, Helmut (bye round 1)
      2133 Doubleday, William G.
      2125 Dunn, David
      2094 Palsson, Halldor Peter
      2070 Mayo, Alvah
      2029 Sadeghi, Saeid

1997 Desjardins, Michel (to pay onsite)
      1934 Van Dusen, Eric
      1931 Danilov, Alex
      1911 Forget, David (to pay onsite)
      1868 Kalra, Agastya
      1824 Laurin, Marcel (bye round 1)
      1822 Bowers, David (not confirmed yet)

1783 Ritchie, Gordon (bye round 3)
      1750 Renaud, Joshua (bye round 1)
      1740 Chyurlia, Jerome
      1722 Thibault, Mario
      1713 Lacroix, Michel (to pay onsite)
      1673 Luo, Zhao Yang (to pay onsite)
      1662 Schaper, Grant
      1643 Liu, Dan
      1616 St.Louis, Luc (byes round 1&5)

1596 Luo, Fangyi
      1554 Peters, Romy
      1524 Eyre, Keven (bye round 1)
      1517 MacIsaac, Alexandre (to pay onsite)
      1502 Serre, Martin (byes round 1&5)

1396 Jarmyn, Tom
      1394 Liiban, Farah (to pay onsite)
      1366 Buss, Andreas
      1224 Zhang, Jeff (byes round 1&5)
      1157 Wan, Kevin

Comment

Working...
      X