chess.ca mobile version not working for quite while to search ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chess.ca mobile version not working for quite while to search ratings

chess.ca mobile version not working for quite while to search ratings, always got "The Website encountered an unexpected error". I sent email to info@chess.ca on Feb 27, 2013, no reply so far. It was working in last Sept when I was in Waterloo Kitchener using iPhone to check ratings.

Just checked it again today, still same error.
    Last edited by George Cai; Friday, 7th June, 2013, 06:24 PM. Reason: The picture not posted properly

Re: chess.ca mobile version not working for quite while to search ratings

Originally posted by George Cai View Post
    chess.ca mobile version not working for quite while to search ratings, always got "The Website encountered an unexpected error". I sent email to info@chess.ca on Feb 27, 2013, no reply so far. It was working in last Sept when I was in Waterloo Kitchener using iPhone to check ratings.

Just checked it again today, still same error.
    Can you tell us what make and model you have, and maybe someone else can try.

Comment

Thanks Fred for the reply.

I used Apple iPhone 3 before last week, not working. Last week, I just upgraded to Apple iPhone 5, same error.

After saw your posting, I also tried my wife Samsung Note 2, same error message.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0410[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	185569
      Attached Files

Comment

I can confirm this problem as I've tried to look up a rating on my iPhone 5.

The best solution is to turn off the mobile site. I'm happy to view the full website on a small screen if it means it's going to work, and some of the bigger Samsung phones have big enough screens to handle it easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Hoyer View Post
          I can confirm this problem as I've tried to look up a rating on my iPhone 5.

The best solution is to turn off the mobile site. I'm happy to view the full website on a small screen if it means it's going to work, and some of the bigger Samsung phones have big enough screens to handle it easily.
          Yes, to be honest, I use the full site all the time without any issue (I have a Samsung). I'll report the problem.

Comment

I am happy to view the full website on a small screen too if the mobile site will be turned off. The problem for iPhone is that we are forced to use mobile site without having choises to view the full website if the mobile one is available.

Comment

Originally posted by George Cai View Post
              I am happy to view the full website on a small screen too if the mobile site will be turned off. The problem for iPhone is that we are forced to use mobile site without having choises to view the full website if the mobile one is available.
              When you are on the mobile site, is there not an option to switch to full view (like the android version) ?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post
                When you are on the mobile site, is there not an option to switch to full view (like the android version) ?
                Yeah, that works great. The option was "hidden in plain sight" right at the top.

It's a solution I'm happy with, but by default the mobile site lacks for your average user who comes by. Like I said, my preference, unless the mobile site is awesome, is to not have one at all.

Andrew

Comment

Thanks Andrew and Fred, by clicking "View Full Site" at the top, right under "Resources", I am able to view the full site now.

Comment

Working...
                  X