CFC AGM JUne 17-30, 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFC AGM JUne 17-30, 2013

The CFC Annual General Meeting will be conducted at a special forum on the CFC Forum, starting next Monday. This will be open to viewing by all.
    http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/forum.php

CFC Members are allowed to address the meeting via any of the CFC Governors (who have read and write access to the meeting).

The meeting is broken into two sub-forums:
    1. Outgoing Board of Directors
    2. Incoming Board of Directors
    The meetings take place more or less concurrently.

Re: CFC AGM JUne 17-30, 2013

The AGM will open on Monday. One of the highlights of the Incoming Meeting is the Elections.

Any Ordinary CFC Member is eligible to run for any Executive / Officer / Committee positions.

Elections will be held for the following Executive Positions: (Any Non-Governor elected becomes a Governor automatically)
    1. President
    2. Vice-President
    3. Treasurer
    4. Secretary
    5. Youth Co-Ordinator
    6. FIDE Representative

Elections will be held for the following Officer Positions: (any Non-Governor elected becomes a Governor automatically)
    1. Rating Auditor
    2. Women's Co-Ordinator
    3. Public Relations Co-Ordinator
    4. Fund Raising Co-Ordinator
    5. Tournament Co-Ordinator

Elections will be held for the following Committees:
    1. Chess Foundation of Canada (2 positions open)
    2. Kalev Pugi Fund (3 members)
    3. National Appeals Committee (5 members)

Comment

The meeting is scheduled to begin at 11:00am EDT.

Comment

Question: How does the CFC election process differ from the U.S. Presidential election?

Answer. The Americans turn their winner over to the Electoral college. The CFC turns their winner over to Kevin's Blog.
        Last edited by Gary Ruben; Monday, 17th June, 2013, 04:19 PM. Reason: speling
        Gary Ruben
        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post
          The meeting is scheduled to begin at 11:00am EDT.
          Well, Fred, I had a look at the meeting site. Not being able to post there I think I'll make a comment to you here.

Backdating memberships 4 months is .....

Let's just say I don't think it's much of a way to promote chess and increase the membership.

If the organization must penalize those who renew late but within 4 months it might make more sense to give them a choice between back dating or a $5. reactivation fee. I think reactivation fees have gained more acceptance than back dating.
          Last edited by Gary Ruben; Monday, 17th June, 2013, 04:40 PM.
          Gary Ruben
          CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
            Well, Fred, I had a look at the meeting site. Not being able to post there I think I'll make a comment to you here.

Backdating memberships 4 months is .....

Let's just say I don't think it's much of a way to promote chess and increase the membership.

If the organization must penalize those who renew late but within 4 months it might make more sense to give them a choice between back dating or a $5. reactivation fee. I think reactivation fees have gained more acceptance than back dating.
            Yes. I think the motion for one month at the most is sufficient - we'll see how things pan out.

Comment

Working...
            X