Super GM tournament: Sberbank Open - I was there!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super GM tournament: Sberbank Open - I was there!

Hi Everyone,

I am extremely thrilled to say that I was living right beside the Soccer (Football) Stadium in Kiev where the Sberbank Open was taking place.

http://sberbank-open.com.ua/

The first couple of days I even got to visit the playing hall because I was listed as 'Guest' of the tournament.

Sadly, the last day when the closing ceremony (for all three tournaments - A,B,C) and after party (which I was invited to go to which included all the super GMs - Tournament A)--a small tragedy/incident happened with a friend which influenced me to not go to both of these events at all!

Here are some photos:

Sincerely,
    WCM/WNM Yelizaveta Orlova

Re: Super GM tournament: Sberbank Open - I was there!

Nice pictures.I noticed that some words are in english.:)
    Last edited by Nigel Hanrahan; Thursday, 13th June, 2013, 10:23 PM. Reason: all the pictures were attached unnecissarily.

Comment

Don't quote the entire post with all the pictures included

Comment

Thanks Yelizaveta for posting this here! You are a Canadian Ambassador for chess that makes all of us proud!

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Yelizaveta Orlova View Post
          Hi Everyone,

I am extremely thrilled to say that I was living right beside the Soccer (Football) Stadium in Kiev where the Sberbank Open was taking place.
          Sberbank... kind of makes one think of.... sperm bank.

Do the GM's get free entry if they... er.... contribute?
          Only the rushing is heard...
          Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Is this how you would like your 18 year old sister, niece or friend to be addressed? A little respect please.

Comment

I thought Paul expired in 1997.

Comment

A little more about the sponsoring bank from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sberbank

Sberbank Rossii (Russian: Сбербанк России - Sberbank Rossii, a contraction of "сберегательный банк" - sberegatelʹnyĭ bank; English: "Savings Bank of the Russian Federation") is the largest bank in Russia and Eastern Europe, as well as being the third largest in Europe.[1] The company's headquarters are in Moscow and its history goes back to Cancrin's financial reform of 1841.[2] The bank offers a full range of savings, investment, and lending services. Motto: всегда рядом (vsegda ryadom) - Russian for "Always by your side".[3]

Comment

'Sberbank' - probably derived from the German 'Spaarbank' (savings bank)

Comment

Working...
                  X