Sudbury U2000 Closed Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudbury U2000 Closed Ad

I'm posting this here because I find it annoying when tournaments are hosted that I might have liked to play in, but aren't advertised anywhere (Can you believe I'm the Sudbury Champion and the highest rated player in Northern Ontario, and wasn't even invited to the (so called) Northern Ontario Championship *cough cough thunder bay cough cough bogus*?

Anyways... here's the tournament ad

Sudbury U2000 Closed

About: A double round robin closed tournament for the top 8 players U2000 who are currently residents of the Greater City Of Sudbury.

When: 2 games/week starting the first week of July. Exact game times will be upon mutual agreement, with flexibility granted to people travelling out of town for vacation or other reasons. The tournament should end before Sep. 1

Entry: $40

Prizes: $140, 80, 40 for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd respectively, plus a $10 best game bonus.

Time Control: 30 minutes plus 30 second increment/game.

Other: Games will not be CFC rated, and so a membership is not required. I am hosting the tournament in an effort to build an archive of games played in Sudbury by players other than myself and Bob Kiviaho. Therefore, an increment has been provided to enable players to accurately record their moves for the entire game.

Ps: I'll be posting some of the interesting games here on chesstalk :)

-Matt

Pre-registered List

Joe Dumontelle - 1694
    Derrick Fleming - 1618
    Patrick Lafreniere - 1616
    Richard Cote - 1591
    Last edited by Matthew Nicholson; Tuesday, 18th June, 2013, 10:05 PM. Reason: Pre-Reg List
Working...
X