• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barbecue, other updates

For the latest updates follow
    this post.:)

Comment

Re: Barbecue, other updates

6th round pairings and standings after 5 are on the site now ... www.chessfest.ca ....
      ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
      Patrick McDonald

:D********;)

Comment

Canadian seniors - round 7

Originally posted by Hal Bond View Post
        We're back! The Kitchener Chess Festival returns to City Hall in downtown Kitchener from August 2-5.

Featured events include the Canadian Amateur Championship and the Canadian Seniors Championship - both 7 rounds, both FIDE rated. A blitz tournament is also planned on the evening of Saturday, August 3rd.

More details can be found at http://chessfest.ca/
        An hour into round 7 in the Canadian seniors produced 2 decisive results so far out of the 14 games.

Pierre Maheux (3/7) lost with white on board 2 to Bill Doubleday (5/7). Brad Willis (4.5/7) on board 4 won with white against Thomas Verny (2.5/7).

On top board is still Istvan Kiss (4/6) white vs Petr Helis (4.6) and 3rd board has Ralph Deline (4/6) white vs Jaime Solis. Doug Gillis (2) vs Ian Finlay (3.5) on 5th, Ellis (1.5) vs Zybura (3) on 6th, and the final board has Super (1.5) vs Glew (3) - each so far with 6 results.

Comment

Re: Canadian seniors - round 7

Istvan Kiss seems to have produced a win around 4:45. Doug Gillis lost around 5:20 and Bradley Willis won around 5 o'clock. Two results remain in that section. Gord Olheiser drew with 4/7 in the 2000+ section against Konstantin Semianiuk (4 or 4.5 out of 6 - not sure there due to a printer page cut-off), and so did Jackie Peng white vs Digeng Du (each with 4.5/7). Those were on boards 1 and 2, respectively.

Comment

Re: 8th Annual Kitchener Chess Festival August 2-5, 2013

The results are now posted.:)

Comment

Google Ralph Deline and click on Ralph's Attic!
              for pictures.

Comment

Congratulations Istvan Kiss - Canadian Senior Champion! - wow! - after all these years.... well done!

Comment

Originally posted by James Williamson View Post
                  Google Ralph Deline and click on Ralph's Attic!
                  for pictures.
                  Link: http://ralphsattic.blogspot.ca/2013/...ival-2013.html

Comment

I took a few pictures - may be more coming from other sources.

http://ralphsattic.blogspot.ca/2013/...ival-2013.html

If you have any pictures from the chess fest that you would like to share, if you send me a copy, I will post them on my blog. As of 5:00 p.m. today, 359 people checked in to view the pictures.

I am going to try and get a few interesting games to present on the blog so you might want to check back in a few days.

History is being recorded with pictures, a few games, and memories to last forever.

Email: arcticcompass@hotmail.com
                    Last edited by Ralph Deline; Tuesday, 6th August, 2013, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X