• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strategy Games

The site:

http://www.strategygames.ca/

Re: Strategy Games

Ever notice that "tactical games" never really caught on?

:)

Comment

I managed to make it to the Toronto Strategy Games store on the weekend between rounds of the Hart House Reading Week tournament. One peeve with your website is that it doesn't list the store hours of operation but fortunately Liam Henry was able to tell me that the store was open after noon on Sunday so I set out to score some books and software.

I was quite impressed with the variety and selection of chess books, software and equipment. Unfortunately, I wasn't sure of the parking situation and so took the subway instead of my car and as it turned out there was quite a bit of nearby parking (at least on Sunday). I probably would have bought more if I wasn't limited by what I could comfortably carry. I will probably make the Strategy Games store a regular stop on future trips to Toronto.

Vladimir Drkulec

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
        I managed to make it to the Toronto Strategy Games store on the weekend between rounds of the Hart House Reading Week tournament. One peeve with your website is that it doesn't list the store hours of operation but fortunately Liam Henry was able to tell me that the store was open after noon on Sunday so I set out to score some books and software.

I was quite impressed with the variety and selection of chess books, software and equipment. Unfortunately, I wasn't sure of the parking situation and so took the subway instead of my car and as it turned out there was quite a bit of nearby parking (at least on Sunday). I probably would have bought more if I wasn't limited by what I could comfortably carry. I will probably make the Strategy Games store a regular stop on future trips to Toronto.

Vladimir Drkulec
        Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for your comments. Our site use to have the hours of operation but when they redesigned the front page they must have dropped this information, probably because it did not fit into their design concept. Afterall what is more important...design concept or essential information sheesh!

Anyway, I hadn't noticed. We will get this solved in the next couple of days. Yes, parking is much easier now that we are on Mt Pleasant. We recently received a number of new titles from publishers such as Quality Chess and New in Chess which I am sure you saw.

Glad you had a pleasant experience and we sincerely thank you for your support!

Larry Bevand

Comment

Larry, why do you change the open hours so silently? :)
          Toronto: Mon-Fri 10:30 - 6:30pm

Comment

International Team Games - 2 missing as stickies

Hi Larry:

Sorry to hijack this thread a bit, but a couple of my posts below haven't got your attention yet. You made stickies of the international team games with UK and Australia, but you didn't for Bahrain and Germany ( they were way down on page 6 or something at the time, and you likely missed them ). I've jumped them up to the top so you could find them easily. Thanks

Bob

Comment

Re: International Team Games - 2 missing as stickies

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
              Hi Larry:

Sorry to hijack this thread a bit, but a couple of my posts below haven't got your attention yet. You made stickies of the international team games with UK and Australia, but you didn't for Bahrain and Germany ( they were way down on page 6 or something at the time, and you likely missed them ). I've jumped them up to the top so you could find them easily. Thanks

Bob

Hi Bob,

I stuck two of the games to the top to see if that would generate more interest...the result was negative.

Larry

Comment

Working...
              X