Vlad Drkulec elected CFC President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vlad Drkulec elected CFC President

The voting closed yesterday, Vlad gained 97% of the votes.

Poor fellow. May god have mercy on his soul.

Re: Vlad Drkulec elected CFC President

Congratulations, Vlad (and good luck :) ).
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Congratulations Vlad

Comment

Congratulations, Vlad! Good luck and good skill. :)

Comment

You mean only one person voted against Vlado?? Is it possible for a person to be that popular in the politics of chess?
          Congratulations Vlado.

Comment

I couldn't imagine myself ever doing what you just did. I'm not that brave. :)
            Good luck, Vlad.

Comment

Thank you to everyone for all the good wishes. I was a bit surprised at the margin. I will do my best to live up to that strong endorsement from the governors.

Comment

Great stuff. I know Vlad is full of ideas to improve Canadian chess, particularly for the youngsters. Best of luck.
                Gordon Ritchie

Comment

What, congratulations?
                  3 years ago my friends offered me their condolences! :)

All kidding aside, best of luck. I like what I see so far.

Comment

Thank you, Vlad!
                    May you succeed in your endeavors!

Comment

Thank you everyone for the good wishes. And thank you to the governors for the strong endorsement. Now the hard part will be to continue earn the trust that was given, day by day and decision by decision.

Comment

Likely they will have to be fugal decisions because I don't think you get a big enough budget to spend like a liberal or NDPer.
                        Gary Ruben
                        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

No doubt they will have to be frugal decisions. That is not always a bad thing. It means we really can't afford to be scattered in our approach.

Comment

Does Gary subconsciously think 'fugal' would be the right word? :-)

fugue (fyg)
                            n.
                            Psychiatry: A pathological amnesiac condition during which one is apparently conscious of one's actions but has no recollection of them after returning to a normal state. This condition, usually resulting from severe mental stress, may persist for as long as several months.

Comment

That sounds like it could be the beginning of a compelling NCR plea.

Vlad has a big job. The national chess scene is back to about where it was in the 1950's when I played my junior chess. The difference now is the juniors have their own championships rather than the junior champion being the junior player who finished highest in the Canadian Open.

Major changes to the organization seem to have been lost over the past decade or so as the membership declined.

I noticed Saskatchewan has tossed in the towel. In this day of the internet, if the provinces outside Ontario and Quebec (the center of the universe), feel as isolated now as they did back then the future doesn't look bright.

Kevin and his blog keep up interest in chess to at least some extent and he certainly showcases Canadian players' accomplishment and games to his worldwide audience.
                              Gary Ruben
                              CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
                              X