Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CYCC 2013 - Final Announcements

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
    No live games, not FIDE rated, and not enough clocks. One Windsor boy in the under-14 was told to buy a clock, or play without. The sad thing is, I have lots of clocks, and could easily have sent one with each of the 22 Windsor players.

That is really odd. I did not see that the organizes will provide or not sets or clocks. So I assume many thought the same that they would be available to everybody. And why not his opponent required to buy? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
      That is really odd. I did not see that the organizes will provide or not sets or clocks. So I assume many thought the same that they would be available to everybody. And why not his opponent required to buy? LOL
      I have started a new thread, so as not to hijack John Upper's thread

http://www.chesstalk.info/forum/show...ed=1#post70041
      Last edited by John Coleman; Wednesday, 10th July, 2013, 02:42 PM. Reason: remove original reply

Comment

CYCC - Rd 3 pairings and Current standings

The pairings for the next round are here.

The Current standings/wallchart is here.
        (updated after round 2)
        Last edited by John Upper; Thursday, 11th July, 2013, 12:11 AM. Reason: misspelled "standings"

Comment

Re: CYCC - Rd 3 pairings and Current standings

Originally posted by John Upper View Post
          The pairings for the next round are here.

The Current tandings/wallchart is here.
          (updated after round 2)
          Thanks John. 11 sections, 271 players.
          Wall charts and pairing done by 9pm, excellent!

Comment

Parliament Hill Tours

Amos Kuttner booked a third Parliament Hill tour group.

All three tours are on Thursday, July 11.
            Tour 1: en francais. Starts 13:45. Meet at the lobby 13:15
            Tour 2: English. Starts 13:55. Meet at the lobby 13:25
            Tour 3: English. Starts 14:15. Meet at 13:50

Here is his plan:

1) There will be lists posted in the Lobby on Thursday morning (around 10 am) letting you know which of the groups you are in.
            If you signed up for a French tour, you are automatically in group 1 and should be in the Lobby by 13:15.

If you signed up for an English tour, you are in one of the other two groups, please read the lists and go with the group you are in. Each group is full, and Parliament Hill limits the size of each tour group, so you can't just switch from one group to another without pushing that group's size over the allowed limit.

2) Be in the lobby near the main tournament room ("Ballroom") lobby at the right time for your group, and one of the Volunteers (Amos or Gerhard) will organize everyone.

3) The volunteer will walk everyone over to Parliament (approx 20 minutes).

4) the Parliament tour takes about 1 hour.

Comment

Rd 3 correction to U16 Open pairings

Thanks Bob, but I'm sorry have to let you down --- we don't deserve your thanks or anyone else's --- there was an error in the Rd.3 pairings of the Boys U16 section.

Yes: a mistake. A terrible, terrible mistake!! [where are the crying and blushing emoticons when I need them??]

I know this sort of thing can ruin a relationship, forever sundering bonds of trust that have been woven with care over the years... but it is a mistake and we deserve all the opprobrium that this and every other internet discussion board can dump on us. Nothing we can ever do will be enough to make up for all the hopes and dreams we have ruined by our carelessness toward the...

.... oh, wait, it's just been fixed.

Never mind.
              Last edited by John Upper; Thursday, 11th July, 2013, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Round 4 pairings and wall charts

have been posted in the lobby since 3:30pm, and are on the website:

pairings

Wallchart

Comment

A page of panorama photos from the start of Rd. 4 has been added: CYCC photos

Comment

Re: Round 4 pairings and wall charts

Originally posted by John Upper View Post
                    have been posted in the lobby since 3:30pm, and are on the website:

pairings

Wallchart
                    [error in posting]

Comment

Round 5 - Pairings, Standings, Wallchart

Round 5 pairings, current standings, and the event Wallchart are on the site: Now.

Comment

IM Piasetski Analysis times for Friday

On Friday (July 12) IM Leon Piasetski will move his free post-mortem analysis times to: 12 noon - 2 pm.

This is actually three changes from the previous days.
                        First, there will be no "analysis clinic" after the 6th round , when we expect quite a few players will want to take a break from chess.
                        Second, he's doing both hours of analysis back-to-back in one two-hour long session.
                        Third, he's starting one hour later than before.
                        The reason for the last two changes is that it will give a different set of players --- those whose games last longer than 2 hours --- an opportunity to go over their games with him.

Comment

CYCC 2013 - PlayOff Results

PlayOff Results are here

Comment

Working...
                          X