Question for mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for mods

Does ChessTalk have a post-block function?
    everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Re: Question for mods

what do you mean by post-block?

If you mean ignoring people, then yes. Click on their name, click on View Profile, then click on "add to ignore list"
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Yes, that is what I meant. I added someone, but his posts still show up. Do I need to check a box somewhere or something?

Thanks.
      everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

I'm not entirely sure how it works, since I've never used it myself.

That's what it says here though: http://www.chesstalk.info/forum/faq....l&titlesonly=0

So I really have no idea past that.
        Christopher Mallon
        FIDE Arbiter

Comment

I works... sort of. You still see the persons name but the text of the message has been deleted. There doesn't seem to be an option that deletes all traces of the persons posts though.

Comment

What could that POSSIBLY accomplish? Do people fear text or something? The purpose of blocking people is so that you can read through threads and not have to keep skipping past certain people's posts. COME ON!

Comment

I think it's because you're in threaded mode, it's sorta like a placeholder so you can see the structure of the thread.
              Christopher Mallon
              FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
                I think it's because you're in threaded mode, it's sorta like a placeholder so you can see the structure of the thread.
                Makes sense. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X