Another CYCC-related Question for the CFC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another CYCC-related Question for the CFC

In another thread (2014 CO and CYCC in Montreal), Felix Dumont makes this comment about net proceeds from CYCC entry fees (i.e. after $150 per CYCC entry has been paid to the CFC):

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
    The 2014 CO and CYCC has been awarded to the FQE (Montreal).

The tournaments would be organized by the FQE, which would assume all possible deficit.

CYCC (July 17-20)

$150 per paid entry will be given to the CFC. All the remaining profit (from the organizer part) will be given back to the youth chess by the organizers (the exact way is still to be determined).
    CYCC participants will get free entry for the Canadian Open (under certain conditions)
    I think donating the net profit to youth chess is a great idea. What I want to know is, what is the definition of 'net' in this case?
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey
Working...
X