In your face Jason Cao!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In your face Jason Cao!

You see Jason, you are not the only person in BC who is chess World Champion! ;)

Thank you "Ottawa Citizen"!

Andrei

ps
    Maybe this is a new way to spell Kosteniuk
    Last edited by Nigel Hanrahan; Wednesday, 31st July, 2013, 02:42 AM. Reason: corrected spelling of W Ch name

Re: In your face Jason Cao!

Reporters are just like politicians, except not everyone hates them.
    Shameless self-promotion on display here
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Barkyducky?feature=mhee

Comment

I've noticed that non-chess journalists tend to throw around terms like 'world champion' (without qualifiers such as 'junior', 'age-group' etc.) far too casually.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Kurkowski View Post
        I've noticed that non-chess journalists tend to throw around terms like 'world champion' (without qualifiers such as 'junior', 'age-group' etc.) far too casually.
        It's not like Pravda where you could get the truth.
        Gary Ruben
        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Ottawa Citizen uses chess (and a cleavage photo) to sell their newspaper

Agreed, Ken.

I think what has happened here is the Ottawa Citizen used a cleavage photo to sell their newspaper. They could probably care less about the details ... given that a simple google search could confirm whether Alexandra was a World Champion or not. I understand journalists can actually do such searches, just like the rest of us. lol.

Is "Any publicity for chess is good publicity," true or not? I'm not convinced.
          Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Re: Ottawa Citizen uses chess (and a cleavage photo) to sell their newspaper

Except for the "comedy content" I don't see any value added to Canadian chess by that picture.

Comment

Well, yea, exactly. Helps the paper, that's it.

Is that the extent of the Ottawa Citizen's coverage of the Canadian Open? That's a fair question to ask.

Incidentally, my apologies for correcting your spelling of Kosteniuk's name. I don't usually do that sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Hanrahan View Post
                Is that the extent of the Ottawa Citizen's coverage of the Canadian Open? That's a fair question to ask.
                I doubt that that picture got published. There is a gallery with more picture from the Open. Got from the search: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/search/...ulti&sort=date

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                  I doubt that that picture got published.
                  Is there any way to tell what was published in the paper and what was online only?

Comment

Is there any way to tell what was published in the paper and what was online only?
                    no idea. Visit a library :)

Comment

Agreed, Ken.

I think what has happened here is the Ottawa Citizen used a cleavage photo to sell their newspaper. They could probably care less about the details ... given that a simple google search could confirm whether Alexandra was a World Champion or not. I understand journalists can actually do such searches, just like the rest of us. lol.

Is "Any publicity for chess is good publicity," true or not? I'm not convinced.

cleavage and a salacious description - "surrounded by mostly men" wow, that's like something american apparel would write in a caption

Comment

I certainly remember when this Ottawa Citizen photographer, Wayne, showed up, early during the last round of the Canadian Open. I was in charge of that room, where the photograph was taken (Alexandra Botez was playing against GM Walter Arencibia of Cuba on board 16, the top board in the second room), and I explained to him that Alexandra has been a many-times CANADIAN YOUTH champion!!

Not sure how the 'World Champion' label got attached.

Comment

Did excellent work , In your face Jason Cao!, thanks kano kratisi.
                          http://kanokratisi.gr/mpouzoukia-ath...s-studio-live/

Comment

Working...
                          X