NAYCC - Price increases at midnight tonight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAYCC - Price increases at midnight tonight!

We are sitting at 350 registrations at this time. Some countries had problems securing Visas...if you have been following the news you know about the strikes...but at the end of the day...we will have 5 countries taking part as expected.

If you register online today www.chess-math.org you will pay $115...after that the price increases to $135.

This event is held in Canada once every 3 years....it is open to ALL Canadian youngsters...so if you miss this one...call me at 514-845-8352 in 3 years :)

Larry

Re: NAYCC - Price increases at midnight tonight!

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
    We are sitting at 350 registrations at this time. Some countries had problems securing Visas...if you have been following the news you know about the strikes...but at the end of the day...we will have 5 countries taking part as expected.

If you register online today www.chess-math.org you will pay $115...after that the price increases to $135.

This event is held in Canada once every 3 years....it is open to ALL Canadian youngsters...so if you miss this one...call me at 514-845-8352 in 3 years :)

Larry

have u fixed a day on which to take USCF ratings? is is as of aug 8, or will it be later than that?

thx

Comment

Originally posted by david lu View Post
      have u fixed a day on which to take USCF ratings? is is as of aug 8, or will it be later than that?

thx
      Mr.Lu, I am not in Toronto yet, but from discussions with the people there, the USCF ratings being used are the "latest published" ones, from August 1st. And, I would not expect any USCF rating changes. For that matter, as of August 8th, ratings were done. Our information page has been updated to reflect this USCF ratings approach.

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
        Mr.Lu, I am not in Toronto yet, but from discussions with the people there, the USCF ratings being used are the "latest published" ones, from August 1st. And, I would not expect any USCF rating changes. For that matter, as of August 8th, ratings were done. Our information page has been updated to reflect this USCF ratings approach.

ok thx, looking forward to the tourney
        Last edited by David Lu; Monday, 12th August, 2013, 09:14 AM.

Comment

one more question, do kids need to bring clocks and chess sets or are you providing them?

Comment

Originally posted by david lu View Post
            one more question, do kids need to bring clocks and chess sets or are you providing them?
            Dear NAYCC participant,

Last-minute message from NAYCC Central Command!

If you received this message by email, then you are officially registered
            for the 2013 North American Youth Chess Championships!! So....

WELCOME!!!

You can check-in from 9:30 am - 5:30 pm today Wednesday 14 August, at
            the Grande Ballroom, 2nd Floor, Chestnut Hotel, 89 Chestnut Street, Toronto.
            Here you will collect your event-bag, and event-badge!!

At 5:30 pm, parents go downstairs, kids move to the waiting rooms.
            At 5:45 pm, the children are led to the Ballroom and seated.

At 6 pm, the parents return to the Ballroom, for the opening ceremony.

At 6:30 pm, parents exit, and the 2013 NAYCC Tournament starts!!

EVERYTHING IS SUPPLIED - SETS, BOARDS, CLOCKS, EQUIPMENT,
            SCORE-SHEETS, MON-ROI DEVICES (top boards), WATER, ETC!!

All you need are - yourself, a smile, and a competitive spirit!

On behalf of FIDE, CFC and the Chess 'N Math Association, I wish you,

BEST OF LUCK!!

Francis Rodrigues, Regional Director
            Chess'n Math Association; toronto@chess-math.org
            tel: 416-488-5506; 416-486-3395; 647-232-6014 (cell)
            701 Mt. Pleasant Road, Toronto, ON, M4S 2N4
            fax:416-486-4637; website: www.chess-math.org

Comment

There's at least one significant error, Aris. Justus Williams, who could play in the U16 but it playing in the U18 Section, is currently listed at 2183. That should be bumped almost 200 points to 2374, his I believe current USCF rating (and he's rated 2252 FIDE).

Comment

Working...
              X