Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 North American Youth Chess Championship Facebook Page

Hi Everyone,

One more day to the open ceremonies and the start of Round 1 for the 2013 North American Youth Chess Championship!

To stay close to the action, come visit us at our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/naycc2013

Join the conversation and "like" us on Facebook!

Victoria
    2013 NAYCC Photographer

Re: 2013 North American Youth Chess Championship Facebook Page

WHERE is the tournament being played??

Comment

2013 NORTH AMERICAN YOUTH CHESS CHAMPIONSHIP

DATES: Aug 14-18, 2013.
      WHERE: Chestnut Conference Centre, 89 Chestnut Street, Toronto, ON, M5G 1R1.
      CHIEF ORGANIZER: Francis Rodrigues, IA.
      CHIEF ARBITER: Aris Marghetis, IA.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
        WHERE is the tournament being played??
        Please look at the "About" link on the FB page.

You could also visit the official 2013 North American Youth Chess Championship website for more detailed info:
        http://chess-math.org/toronto/naycc/index.php

Enjoy!

Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by Victoria Jung-Doknjas View Post
          Hi Everyone,

To stay close to the action, come visit us at our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/naycc2013

Victoria
          2013 NAYCC Photographer
          privacy settings are set so that only Facebook users may see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Patterson View Post
            privacy settings are set so that only Facebook users may see it.
            If you don't have a FB account, you should still be able to view pics, comments, etc. What you can't do is "like" the FB page, post comments or pics.

I was able to view the page without logging into my FB account.

Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by Victoria Jung-Doknjas View Post
              If you don't have a FB account, you should still be able to view pics, comments, etc. What you can't do is "like" the FB page, post comments or pics.

I was able to view the page without logging into my FB account.

Victoria
              only those displayed on the first page. If you click on something like "See All", you are asked to log in.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Patterson View Post
                only those displayed on the first page. If you click on something like "See All", you are asked to log in.
                Hi Roger:

You have access (without a FB account) to view all the photos (main reason for this FB page's existence) by just clicking on any photo and from there click on the arrow to move to the next photo. Without a FB account, you will not be able to show how much you "like" the photo(s) nor will you be able to comment on them.

As for the "See All" issue -- that "See All" let's you access other people's posts and comments. Without a FB account, you can't see their posts/comments.

If you want to enjoy all the features of Facebook, please consider creating an FB account. If you want to have many, but not all, features of FB, you don't need a FB account.

Enjoy viewing our NAYCC 2013 pics!

Victoria
                NAYCC 2013 Photographer

Comment

thnx for sharing pics.

Comment

More pix from day 4, rounds 6 & 7 here.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10539...40124340308145

Comment

I must admit that I rarely go to Facebook...probably because I know not how to navigate the site LOL. Anyway, Victoria, who I like more and more as we start working together, walked me through the process and I think I am getting it at last. Please go to Facebook and like the page she has created...we are sitting at 111 likes so far https://www.facebook.com/naycc2013

Comment

I don't know if John has mentioned this but...he just bought a Google Nexus 7...which he used to take pictures at the NAYCC...take a look at the pic showing the tournament site in his photo gallery...pretty special!

Comment

Thank you for the pictures. I also want to thank Francis, Larry and all other NAYCC organizers for the excellent tournament. I hope their great work will help Toronto get more word class chess tournaments in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
                            Google Nexus 7...which he used to take pictures at the NAYCC...
                            Thanks for the compliments.

Only the 360 panorama was taken with the Nexus 7, the rest were taken with an old Casio camera, including the panoramic shots, which I stitch together using Microsoft ICE.

The N7 has some very cool photo stitching features - including spherical panorama - but they don't work well in low light.

I also used the N7 to record interviews with Larry and Vlad, which I'll excerpt for later CCN issues.

Comment

Working...
                            X