Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Observations ...

Chess player are opinionated.

Society accepts the propaganda of the elite influencers that they should fight to keep the "status quo".

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
      Society accepts the propaganda of the elite influencers that they should fight to keep the "status quo".

~ Bob A (T-S/P)
      Society: Collection of individuals, who have their own brains to decide for themselves which path to take.
      Propaganda: There is so much of it around for so long, that individuals have gotten into the habit of thinking twice for themselves.
      Elite influencers: There are obviously more of them on the side of climate-anxiety than on the side of climate-indifference.
      Fight to keep the status quo: a fight becomes necessary only when others force you to do something which you believe would be harmful...
      Last edited by Dilip Panjwani; Wednesday, 16th November, 2022, 08:19 AM.

Comment

It's all fun and games until someone challenges the blowfish and gets their head crushed by an ATM machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
          hmmm...

Perhaps i​​​​​​t's only the unwashed masses that accuse us of being so?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Henderson View Post

hmmm...

Perhaps i​​​​​​t's only the unwashed masses that accuse us of being so?

My apologies to you and your family of washed up en passant tricksters.

Comment

Chess attracts people who see patterns even when they aren't there.

Comment

Chess attracts SOME very nice people, who are open and loving, and may also be not too bad at chess!

Bob A

Comment

Originally posted by David Ottosen View Post

Chess attracts people who see patterns even when they aren't there.

Chess attracts people who see everything as black or white?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post

~ Bob A (T-S/P)
                    sounds like more propaganda to me.

Comment

The stronger the chess player, the cheaper they get, with a few exceptions.

Comment

Wat? You just dinner with a GM?

Cheap, or simply frugal? Economical? Or perhaps even a bit, stingy?

Comment

Grandmaster Bator.

That says it all! LOL

Comment

No, not the GM's, they wouldn't touch a club. they only play for the money, don't you know, but even they give uo to become day traders or Texas Holdem journeymen. Or chess instructors. Don't get me started on good players who think they can teach. There's more money I am talking about the master baiters who only think they are Grand who wouldn't support the clubs. But don't ask me, ask the the two 'Mr D's', if you can find them. LOL

Do you play chess, Pargat?

p.s. I am only talking 'official' OTB chess. Who knows what the low level GMs do for chess on the internet. For the love of the game?
                            Last edited by Fred Henderson; Monday, 6th February, 2023, 10:49 PM.

Comment

As far as the recent heat involving myself in the chess politics discussions, rest assured that I have a lot of respect for the effort and commitment that people have for chess. into promoting chess, as that benefits us all, in some way. And I don't hold grudges, not that I ever had one in my hand in the first place. ;) Surely we can all put aside any differences we have in "real life", when it comes to our common passion. You are talking to a chess lover who criticized Fischer's 5...a6 in game 7 of his '72 match with Spassky. Dumb-ass should have developed a piece or tried to control the center.

Anyways, I think I have made my positions clear. I tried to stick to the facts. Now it is time for me to put my "money" where my mouth is, my way, as perhaps we could all do, without ":expecting": that others will pay for it. As many ways to spread the word as there are those who play the game? (LOL. sorry I wax poetic). I'm pretty sure I'll rejoin the CFC soon, just to play some old friends and maybe meet some new faces "over the board", especially my partner in crime, that "other troll". ;)

Justin Trudeau is the man. Ain't it strange? How one decision by one politician can have a bigger effect on your life than all of the decisions by all of the politicians you have never voted for. So I decided to vote federally for only the 2nd time in my life last election. Naturally, we enjoyed the benefits of the aforementioned decision before heading to the polls, decided he would win anways, and turned our attention elsewhere.

Somewhere I think in on of my own discussions, I said "perhaps I will run for Prime Minister. I remember my old Boy Scout leader, who at a reunion in a bar 40 years ago was bemoaning my "aimlessness" and lack of success. He said "Fred, you shoulda gone into politics " I had no idea why he would say that, and I still can't imagine what he saw, but now I find myself thinking about it. Mr Armstrong will know which party I would represent.

Thank-you
                              Last edited by Fred Henderson; Thursday, 9th February, 2023, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X