Trump: Set to declare 2024 presidential bid tonight; will indictments follow soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post

Big hat, no cattle as they say in Texas. The narrative is that it was a bad dream and we should all forget the debate performance of Biden. All of the pundits are defaulting to saying that Trump lied a lot without identifying any of the lies. The only one that I detected was accusing Biden of labelling people super-predators. That was apparently Hillary. Biden only said predators unless there is a video clip out there where he does say that.
    Lots and lots of lies at the debate.

​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgbI...ab_channel=CNN

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

We only have ourselves to blame for giving so much attention and even greater power to politicians who are almost always truth-twisters and worse than useless, active problem creators...
      Let us bring in Libertarianism in which the role of 'politicians' will be only clerical, and society will thrive with enforcement of the Natural Law and easy access to capital!

Comment

..... All of the pundits are defaulting to saying that Trump lied a lot without identifying any of the lies. The only one that I detected was accusing Biden of labelling people super-predators. .....
        If you are ever under consideration for jury duty, I hope this post can be found to disqualify you.

Comment

Big hat, no cattle as they say in Texas. The narrative is that it was a bad dream and we should all forget the debate performance of Biden. All of the pundits are defaulting to saying that Trump lied a lot without identifying any of the lies. The only one that I detected was accusing Biden of labelling people super-predators. That was apparently Hillary. Biden only said predators unless there is a video clip out there where he does say that.
          Seriously alarming how White House scripted Biden has manipulated not only the government agencies but also mass media ... including x-twitter platform.

Beginning with 2020 when Joe Biden said the Hunter laptop story is ‘Russian plan’

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c49177...r-biden-laptop

And then coerce 50 former senior intelligence officials to publically follow that lie with another lie ... “has all the classic earmarks of a Russian information operation.”

Joe Biden is a proven liar ... straight to your collective face ... a liar. A very slick smooth liar.

How many of you continue to fall for his lies???

Joe Biden is a proven liar.

Last edited by Neil Frarey; Sunday, 30th June, 2024, 01:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post

Seriously alarming how White House scripted Biden has manipulated not only the government agencies but also mass media ... including x-twitter platform.

Beginning with 2020 when Joe Biden said the Hunter laptop story is ‘Russian plan’

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c49177...r-biden-laptop

And then coerce 50 former senior intelligence officials to publically follow that lie with another lie ... “has all the classic earmarks of a Russian information operation.”

Joe Biden is a proven liar ... straight to your collective face ... a liar. A very slick smooth liar.

How many of you continue to fall for his lies???

Joe Biden is a proven liar.
            The 'underhand' benefits to politicians upon winning power (and sometimes even without winning office) are huge, and these guys who have devoted their entire careers in pursuit of these underhand gains cannot be expected to rely only on truth/righteousness to achieve their goals... As I have said before, we have only ourselves to blame for adopting systems where this happens. Let us usher in Libertarianism where clerical politicians do not have the power to reap underhand benefits!
            Last edited by Dilip Panjwani; Sunday, 30th June, 2024, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post

If you are ever under consideration for jury duty, I hope this post can be found to disqualify you.

I doubt it. Most lawyers are not delusional Canadian ex pats pretending to be someone else like yourself Paul. If I want to be on a jury, I would likely get on the jury though it would not hurt my feelings if I were rejected.

Biden lied a lot though it is possible that in his befuddled state he did not recognize that he was lying. There is a reason that he couldn't be indicted. He IS a sympathetic old man with a bad memory despite his many crimes. Altzheimer's is a sad, sad disease. He is a victim of elder abuse. I wonder how much his mental state will deteriorate between now and the next debate.

"The Kinnock kleptomania was particularly damaging to Biden since it underscored the prior concerns that he was a shallow vessel for other people’s ideas."- Olivia Waxman
              https://time.com/5636715/biden-1988-...tial-campaign/

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/art-20048448
              Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Sunday, 30th June, 2024, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Same guys that gave us the Russia hoax, the "Fine people" hoax, the bleach hoax, the pee tape hoax, the Hunter Biden laptop is Russian disinformation hoax, the Fauci didn't fund gain of function hoax, etc. etc. etc.

Anyway, the dems are in trouble.

Comment

Same guys that gave us the Russia hoax, the "Fine people" hoax, the bleach hoax, the pee tape hoax, the Hunter Biden laptop is Russian disinformation hoax, the Fauci didn't fund gain of function hoax, etc. etc. etc.

Anyway, the dems are in trouble.
                  Vlad, go ahead and bash CNN all you want. I lost faith in them long ago.
                  But the guest was Daniel Dale (Canadian journalist) who I consider a reliable fact checker on Trump's numerous lies.

Yes the Dems are in trouble. They need to replace Biden.
                  They should run a real campaign and pick a new candidate at their August convention.

Comment

• Trump's Legal Problems - Criminal # 1 (Of 4) – Insurrection

Charge: “Criminal Enterprise” to foment insurrection and to overturn the 2020 election result.

Defence: as to illegal actions that are "official acts" while President, a President has "immunity" from being charged "in perpetuity".

Trial Judgment - Judge Cannon:Trump has no "immunity".

Appeal in the Supreme Court of USA - it decided to hear Trump's Appeal from the lower court decision that Trump has no "immunity".

Update – 24/7/1

SCOTUS Judgment (24/7/1): There is immunity for “official” acts, but not “private” acts, by a President. Case returned to Judge Cannon for further analysis/judgment.

Substantive Trial Issues

# 1 – Which acts of then President Trump were “official” and which acts were “private”? To which acts does immunity apply?

Central to Trump’s immunity argument is the claim that only a former president who was impeached and convicted by the Senate can be criminally prosecuted. Trump was impeached over his efforts to undo the election in the run-up to the violent riot at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. But he was acquitted, not convicted, by the Senate in 2021.

End of Update

# 2 - The Sarbanes-Oxley Law

Different Relevant Current Case Before the USA Supreme Court: USA vs Fischer

Special Prosecutor, Jack Smith, decided to charge more than 350 January 6 defendants with violations of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, which was signed into law in 2002 in the wake of the implosions of Enron and WorldCom. The law is intended to punish crooks for “corruptly obstructing, influencing, or impeding an official proceeding.”

The Nine [members of the USASC] mulled whether a law that punishes anyone who “alters, destroys, mutilates, or conceals a record” is applicable to those who rioted at the Capitol, like Joseph Fischer, a police officer by trade. He pleaded guilty to multiple felonies, but contends that the Sarbanes-Oxley charges are instances of unlawful prosecutorial overreach. As his lawyer, Frederick William Ulrich, put it, that statute is “Enron-driven.”

The high court appeared open to that argument. Justice Clarence Thomas telegraphed that the government could be acting selectively, observing that “there have been many violent protests that have interfered with proceedings. Has the government applied this provision to other protests?” To that, Solicitor General Prelogar claimed that there has never been anything like January 6.

Justice Samuel Alito allowed that “what happened on Jan. 6 was very, very serious” but told General Prelogar that “we need to find out what are the outer reaches of this statute under your interpretation.” The solicitor general called one of the words at issue, “otherwise,” a “classic catchall.” Fischer’s counsel, though, finds it to be more of a “dragnet.” "

Relevance to Trump Case

USA S.C. Argument by Jack Smith, Special Prosecutor, against Trump

"Even if the Nine dismiss the Sarbanes-Oxley charges against the January 6 defendants, Mr. Smith is likely to argue that they should stick against Mr. Trump, who did not himself set foot at the Capitol on January 6, 2021. Instead, the special counsel argues, he engaged in the kind of obstruction contemplated by the statute. Two of the four charges Mr. Trump faces are based on Sarbanes-Oxley.

The relevant subsection mandates that someone is criminally culpable if “he alters, destroys, mutilates, or conceals a record, document, or other object, or attempts to do so, with the intent to impair the object’s integrity or availability for use in an official proceeding.” The special counsel argues that the certification of the results of the 2020 election were such a proceeding.

Mr. Smith’s accusation that Mr. Trump pursued a “conspiracy to corruptly obstruct and impede the January 6 congressional proceeding at which the collected results of the presidential election are counted and certified” could insulate the special counsel’s case from any Supreme Court ruling in the Fischer, or other, case, that upends the Department of Justice’s prosecution of the other defendants similarly charged."

Sentence: The 45th president could ...be sent to jail for as much as 20 years under this draconian law known as Sarbanes-Oxley.

https://www.nysun.com/article/suprem...0%202024-04-16

Bob A

Comment

Vlad, go ahead and bash CNN all you want. I lost faith in them long ago.
                      But the guest was Daniel Dale (Canadian journalist) who I consider a reliable fact checker on Trump's numerous lies.

Yes the Dems are in trouble. They need to replace Biden.
                      They should run a real campaign and pick a new candidate at their August convention.
                      Frankly I don't trust any journalist to be an arbiter of what is true and what isn't and neither should you. Everyone has an agenda.

If you are going to say that Trump had numerous lies in the debate it would be helpful if you would enumerate them. At that point we could evaluate the veracity of each item.

If you hope to defeat Trump the playbook that they are trotting out is a dismal and massive fail.

The lawfare has pissed off the Republican base and for the first time in memory the Republicans have the advantage on fund-raising which is an unusual circumstance in recent memory.

Is there anyone who can honestly say that the Biden Altzheimer presidency has been a success?

Comment

Frankly I don't trust any journalist to be an arbiter of what is true and what isn't and neither should you. Everyone has an agenda.
                        Thankfully your opinion counts for SFA. You also have an agenda, far more than most people including journalists whose agenda is exposing the truth. If you think this particular journalist has another agenda, provide evidence ... if you can.

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                        If you are going to say that Trump had numerous lies in the debate it would be helpful if you would enumerate them. At that point we could evaluate the veracity of each item.
                        Wow, did you even watch the video Bob G. provided a link to? It did EXACTLY what you just asked for. In great detail.

So no, you didn't watch. It wasn't that long, but you didn't even WANT to watch because it doesn't fall into YOUR AGENDA.

So go ahead, watch and then "evaluate the veracity" .... and please, don't pull a Sid and post about some "rigorous mathematical analysis" that is a euphemism for bullshit.

EDIT: I seem to remember that you "guaranteed" here on CT that Trump would win the last election. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post
                          Wow, did you even watch the video Bob G. provided a link to? It did EXACTLY what you just asked for. In great detail.
                          No I didn't watch the video. Unlike the mastermind of the variant that is going to kill FIDE and the CFC, I have more productive uses of my time. No amount of lefty spin and gaslighting will change the momentum of that election and that is a good thing. Bob thinks AOC and Bernie Sanders are something other than what they are.

Comment

.... If you are going to say that Trump had numerous lies in the debate it would be helpful if you would enumerate them. At that point we could evaluate the veracity of each item. ....
                            Hi Vlad. I don't have time at the moment to give you a list of what I consider to be Trump's lies during the June 27th debate, but here's one you could start with. Please"evaluate the veracity of" the following Trump quote for us:

"And I’d love to ask him, and will, why he allowed millions of people to come in here from prisons, jails and mental institutions to come into our country and destroy our country."
                            - Donald Trump, June 27

And for your convenience, here's a transcript of the June 27th debate:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/27/polit...ipt/index.html
                            "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                            "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                            "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

.... If you are going to say that Trump had numerous lies in the debate it would be helpful if you would enumerate them. At that point we could evaluate the veracity of each item. ....
                              Here's another lie imo:

"Look, we had the safest border in the history of our country."
                              - Donald Trump, June 27
                              "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                              "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                              "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Hi Peter,
                                Between 2016 and 2021 approximately 4.1 million migrants illegally crossed over into the United States from Mexico. From 2021 to the present approximately nine million migrants illegally crossed from Mexico into the United States. Furthermore, between 2016 and 2021, 1.2 million illegal immigrants with criminal convictions in their own country were deported.
                                From 2021 to date only 142,000 illegal immigrants with criminal convictions in their own countries were deported.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-07-03 at 6.19.08 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	321.8 KB ID:	234663
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-07-03 at 6.20.09 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	141.9 KB ID:	234664
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-07-03 at 6.16.31 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	128.2 KB ID:	234665

Comment

Working...
                                X