Trump: Set to declare 2024 presidential bid tonight; will indictments follow soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post

No I didn't watch the video..... I have more productive uses of my time.
    Yes you do .... learning is not one of them .... unlike the chess players that you run a very restrictive federation for, at least they TRY to learn ....

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
    No amount of lefty spin and gaslighting will change the momentum of that election and that is a good thing.......
    Oh good another VD prediction .... that will live in infamy .... LOL

Comment

• I just saw last night that the only potential Democratic candidate who currently outpolls the CONVICTED FELON is Michelle Obama.

wow.... imagine the effect on MAGA-land..... MO becomes the Democratic nominee and then beats the lying piece of shit con man in November.

The whining pathetic loser .... loses again, and this time to an AFRICAN-AMERICAN WOMAN AND THE WIFE OF BARACK OBAMA.

OMG.... that would definitely spark civil war in USA.

MTG would have a conniption fit....she would LEAD the next violent invasion of Congress.....

Oh yeah, also should mention that the excuse the Dems are now giving for Biden's poor performance is his hectic travel schedule.

This only EXACERBATES the problem. Can't have a President who effectively goes into fetal position because of a travel schedule!

Imagine there is a nuclear attack on U.S. .... they are handing Biden the nuclear football .... and he says "sorry guys, I need a nap."
      Last edited by Pargat Perrer; Thursday, 4th July, 2024, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Bob thinks AOC and Bernie Sanders are something other than what they are.
        Good morning Vlad. I was puzzled as to why you mention AOC and Bernie, but then it hit me, you are afraid they will replace Biden as nominee. But don't worry, I can't see that happening. I don't hear their names mentioned in any speculation going around.

"other than what they are" - well, I think they are left leaning politicians, progressives, who have an agenda including higher minimum wage laws, universal affordable health care, common sense gun laws including a ban on assault weapons, fighting climate change, and higher taxes on corporations and the super wealthy. All good stuff in my opinion.

Anyway, getting back to replacing Biden. It appears the debate is underway, and hopefully Biden will agree it is time to retire. There is plenty of time to have a quicky campaign season and pick a new candidate inn late August at the convention.

A lot of names floating about. I like Gretchen Whitmer, Governor of Michigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
          Hi Peter,
          Between 2016 and 2021 approximately 4.1 million migrants illegally crossed over into the United States from Mexico. From 2021 to the present approximately nine million migrants illegally crossed from Mexico into the United States. Furthermore, between 2016 and 2021, 1.2 million illegal immigrants with criminal convictions in their own country were deported.
          From 2021 to date only 142,000 illegal immigrants with criminal convictions in their own countries were deported. ....
          Hi Sid,
          Yes, the raw data shows that the number of illegal crossings during the Trump administration were far lower than during Biden's tenure. And Trump would have been fine in that segment of the debate had he simply beaten Biden down on the basis of their respective records. But he didn't. Trump claimed that "we had the safest border in the history of our country" - a lie imo, and in any event likely impossible to prove due to wide variations in enforcement and data collection over time.
          Re your comments on deportations, I'll have to do some reading to catch up to you and comment. Maybe the raw numbers don't tell the whole story? In any event, Trump claimed that Biden had allowed in millions (plural) of illegals from jails and mental institutions and that they had destroyed the country. Lies! Let's see the pictures of the cities reduced to rubble. Let's see the pictures of the bloated corpses of the thousands of good American citizens murdered by these rampaging illegals. Wht isn't this outrage being covered by the news media?

p.s. I don't buy the it's-just-hyperbole argument. Millions of Americans believe every word Trump says. This stuff is too important to write off as hyperbole.

p.p.s. Sid, why Trump? There are 30+ million registered Republican voters and roughly 75 million who voted for him in 2020. Are American conservatives so impoverished for talent that they have to resort to a sleazy grifter? No! The conservatives who are intelligent enough to understand what's going on see Trump's ability to attract those millions of low-end voters (Hillary's deplorables) who give the 'real' conservatives access to power.
          Last edited by Peter McKillop; Thursday, 4th July, 2024, 09:42 AM.
          "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
          "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
          "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• You can't remove Biden without his cooperation. Given the fact that Hunter and James Biden are trusted advisors and stewards of the family business (cough influence peddling operation) which goes away the moment Biden goes away... Does anyone remember what happened to the Clinton Foundation once Hillary stopped being a viable candidate? I doubt that there is an appetite in the Biden camp to indulge the Democratic fantasies. Also any ticket without Kamala Harris would lose access to Biden's campaign fund which is a considerable sum. Getting on the ballot in every state is not a slam dunk for a new ticket.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

Good morning Vlad. I was puzzled as to why you mention AOC and Bernie, but then it hit me, you are afraid they will replace Biden as nominee. But don't worry, I can't see that happening. I don't hear their names mentioned in any speculation going around.

"other than what they are" - well, I think they are left leaning politicians, progressives, who have an agenda including higher minimum wage laws, universal affordable health care, common sense gun laws including a ban on assault weapons, fighting climate change, and higher taxes on corporations and the super wealthy. All good stuff in my opinion.

Don't forget open borders, protecting criminals at the expense of the law abiding, lawfare against their political opponents, hatred against the Jews, and the collapse of western civilization. These are also policies of the left and in the case of the recently defeated Jamal Bowman pulling fire alarms in Congress without any significant consequences.

Higher taxes will not be on just the super wealthy and corporations. The super wealthy are mobile. Looting is never the solution to problems. They did it in most communist countries and we see how that has worked out for them.

Universal Free Health Care is on the verge of collapse in Canada. We'll see.

Anyway, getting back to replacing Biden. It appears the debate is underway, and hopefully Biden will agree it is time to retire. There is plenty of time to have a quicky campaign season and pick a new candidate inn late August at the convention.

A lot of names floating about. I like Gretchen Whitmer, Governor of Michigan.
              As VP behind Kamala Harris?

Comment

.... Does anyone remember what happened to the Clinton Foundation once Hillary stopped being a viable candidate? ....
                I believe they're still operating. If you're actually interested in finding out what happened to them you should be able to find their audited financial statements and disclosure reporting online. How about the Trump Foundation? Are they still operating?
                "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

.... How about the Trump Foundation? Are they still operating?
                  Oops!! I'm getting old and forgetful LOL! I forgot that the Trump Foundation was shut down because a court determined that it was a cesspool run by a family of grifters.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dona...ump_Foundation

Comment

• I would have preferred Ron De Santis but Republican primary voters had a different preference. Hopefully Trump will be able to deal with the problems that the Democrats have created in their four years in power.

Comment

• Robert F. Kennedy Jr..

Comment

Hi Sid,
                        Yes, the raw data shows that the number of illegal crossings during the Trump administration were far lower than during Biden's tenure. And Trump would have been fine in that segment of the debate had he simply beaten Biden down on the basis of their respective records. But he didn't. Trump claimed that "we had the safest border in the history of our country" - a lie imo, and in any event likely impossible to prove due to wide variations in enforcement and data collection over time.
                        Re your comments on deportations, I'll have to do some reading to catch up to you and comment. Maybe the raw numbers don't tell the whole story? In any event, Trump claimed that Biden had allowed in millions (plural) of illegals from jails and mental institutions and that they had destroyed the country. Lies! Let's see the pictures of the cities reduced to rubble. Let's see the pictures of the bloated corpses of the thousands of good American citizens murdered by these rampaging illegals. Wht isn't this outrage being covered by the news media?

p.s. I don't buy the it's-just-hyperbole argument. Millions of Americans believe every word Trump says. This stuff is too important to write off as hyperbole.

p.p.s. Sid, why Trump? There are 30+ million registered Republican voters and roughly 75 million who voted for him in 2020. Are American conservatives so impoverished for talent that they have to resort to a sleazy grifter? No! The conservatives who are intelligent enough to understand what's going on see Trump's ability to attract those millions of low-end voters (Hillary's deplorables) who give the 'real' conservatives access to power.
                        Peter.... if you are going to "do some reading to catch up to you and comment" .... pay attention....

The graph Sid provided cuts off in May 2022. That's more than 2 years ago.

Cherry-picking?????

Find out how that graph went for the last 2 years.

Comment

Oops!! I'm getting old and forgetful LOL! I forgot that the Trump Foundation was shut down because a court determined that it was a cesspool run by a family of grifters.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dona...ump_Foundation
                          Even in your link, the Trump foundation was dissolved after they blocked Trump from dissolving it himself. More lawfare from the corrupt Democrats.

You are writing like I am somehow emotionally invested in Donald Trump. He has been a bad, bad boy at times particularly in the area of marriage vows. I would have preferred De Santis but he is not the greatest campaigner. If De Santis had won the Republican nomination, he would now be the coming dictator according to the pundits.

Biden wins among low information voters. I know many people with Trump derangement syndrome. They don't see or understand what the Democrats are up to. When faced with the collapse of Biden's administration they do not believe it. When someone shows them the video, they say "Deep Fake or Cheap Fake". We discussed voter ID last night and Democrat efforts to abolish all forms of voter ID. The Trump deranged person said that was untrue but alas it is. "That would be insane", he said. In the long run, we're all doomed. My belief is that with Trump that doom will be delayed a bit.

Comment

Even in your link, the Trump foundation was dissolved after they blocked Trump from dissolving it himself. More lawfare from the corrupt Democrats.

Trump was blocked because the investigations weren't complete. Trump thought he could save himself some money and some embarrassment if the investigators would accept dissolution. Please explain why the investigation into the Trump Foundation was "lawfare," especially given that Trump accepted the final court decisions. Here's some clarifying info from the Wiki article:
                            "In December 2016, Trump tried to dissolve the foundation, but the New York State Attorney General's office blocked dissolution pending completion of its investigations." ...

"In November 2019, Trump admitted to using the foundation for his business and political purposes and was ordered to pay $2 million as restitution.[14][15] Additionally, Trump was required to reimburse $11,525 to the foundation, which was added to $1,797,598.30 already in the foundation's bank account. The money as well as the funds in the foundation's bank were paid to eight charities in December 2019."

You are writing like I am somehow emotionally invested in Donald Trump. He has been a bad, bad boy at times particularly in the area of marriage vows. I would have preferred De Santis but he is not the greatest campaigner. If De Santis had won the Republican nomination, he would now be the coming dictator according to the pundits.

DeSantis failed in his nomination bid because he was a coward. He wanted the nomination but he was afraid of offending his patron saint, Trump. Voters saw him as someone who was first and foremost an ass kisser and therefore unworthy of their support.

Biden wins among low information voters. I know many people with Trump derangement syndrome. They don't see or understand what the Democrats are up to. When faced with the collapse of Biden's administration they do not believe it. When someone shows them the video, they say "Deep Fake or Cheap Fake". We discussed voter ID last night and Democrat efforts to abolish all forms of voter ID. The Trump deranged person said that was untrue but alas it is. "That would be insane", he said. In the long run, we're all doomed. My belief is that with Trump that doom will be delayed a bit.
                            See bold type above for my response.

Comment

• 2016 ... a very good year for BleachBit. Not so good a year for the Clinton family, ha!

Comment

Don't forget open borders, protecting criminals at the expense of the law abiding, lawfare against their political opponents, hatred against the Jews, and the collapse of western civilization. These are also policies of the left and in the case of the recently defeated Jamal Bowman pulling fire alarms in Congress without any significant consequences.
                                I didn't forgot these, they are simply not policy positions for Sanders or AOC, nor any of the Democrats, nor anyone on "the left". I suppose it is possible some lunatic on the fringe actually supports these, but these "policies" are really just fear mongering from "the right". I certainly would not support these "policies".

The overwhelming majority of Americans did not want a Trump Biden repeat. But both parties somehow stumbled into it. Biden has had a week now to convince us all he still has the stuff, but has failed in my opinion. Hopefully he can be convinced to step aside and Dems can mount a mini leadership campaign and pick somebody new at the August convention.

Comment

Working...
                                X