Trump: Set to declare 2024 presidential bid tonight; will indictments follow soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess the Americans didn't think to include a 'Conflict of Interest' angle in their Constitution, finalized in the late 1780s and amended many times since. Thus, if Donald Trump is elected president in November, he could potentially 'Pardon Himself' for any federal crimes he may have committed! Farcical!

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Dixon View Post
      I guess the Americans didn't think to include a 'Conflict of Interest' angle in their Constitution, finalized in the late 1780s and amended many times since. Thus, if Donald Trump is elected president in November, he could potentially 'Pardon Himself' for any federal crimes he may have committed! Farcical!
      Hi Frank,
      I totally agree with you that it is farcical. But is it not even more farcical to charge him close to half a billion dollars for telling his bank: "I believe my property is worth xyz, but it is up to you to check that out!"? And by telling that to his bank, nobody was harmed, and the bank made a lot of money!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dilip Panjwani View Post

.... "I believe my property is worth xyz, but it is up to you to check that out!"? ....
        Dilip, is that what Trump said or is that what you think he said? In the course of any specific time period, a lender doesn't have an unlimited ability to make loans. If Trump was approved for loans on the basis of deliberately inflated property values, perhaps other (worthy) applicants were declined. Also, the bank's shareholders were hurt. Generally speaking, Banks risk rate their loans and price them according to perceived risk. An underpriced loan, other things being equal, means a reduction in profits which can cause a reduction in dividends, for example. If this was a victimless crime, as you suggest, it would likely be Trump's first such crime.

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
        "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
        "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

Dilip, is that what Trump said or is that what you think he said? In the course of any specific time period, a lender doesn't have an unlimited ability to make loans. If Trump was approved for loans on the basis of deliberately inflated property values, perhaps other (worthy) applicants were declined. Also, the bank's shareholders were hurt. Generally speaking, Banks risk rate their loans and price them according to perceived risk. An underpriced loan, other things being equal, means a reduction in profits which can cause a reduction in dividends, for example. If this was a victimless crime, as you suggest, it would likely be Trump's first such crime.
          Peter,
          It was publicized during the trial that Trump's documents to the bank clearly included the sentence that the bank was to verify the price on its own. And that bank has publicly stated that its deal with Trump turned out to be a good one for it.
          Banks have experienced appraisers who do not need much time to appraise accurately (I have been confidently told by one such appraiser that the value of my house was much more than what I had thought and had been told by some friends and realtors, when I was asking for a loan on it, and he turned out to be right when I decided to sell it instead of seeking the loan). Also, Trump likes to 'boast' all the time, and banks with whom he has been dealing all his life would be aware of that :-)
          Last edited by Dilip Panjwani; Friday, 26th July, 2024, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Trump likes to 'boast' all the time
            Dilip, a certain amount of boasting maybe commonplace, but the courts found that Trump’s boasting amounted to fraud. Many of the valuations he placed on various properties were outlandish, no way a reasonable person would characterize it as just boasting. It was so pervasive and outrageous that the fine was $ 454,000,000. Then he boasted he had enough cash to pay the fine. But when it was time to pay, he didn’t have it, even after the judge reduced it to 185 million.

Trump is a liar. A constant and persistent liar.

The good news is Kamala Harris is now calling out his BS.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	QuestionMark1.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	235511

I fear if ever Dilip's Libertarian "Natural Law" is implemented (It seems it hasn't been in Argentina).

Donald Trump has 6 of his acts/actions now before the courts (4 Criminal cases - 1 dismissal now under appeal; 2 civil torts - on one of which he has been found guilty by a jury of peers).

Dilip's "Natural Law" assessments have been: Nothing wrong here!

Astounding......his "Natural Law" seems to have nothing to do with ethics/morals.

Bob A

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                Click image for larger version  Name:	QuestionMark1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	7.0 KB ID:	235511

ethics/morals.

Bob A
                Don't you dare talk about ethics and morals after worshipping the totally stupid, unethical and immoral Marxism, Bob.
                The biggest ethical/moral principle is 'Do no harm to others', as stated by the Natural Law... Understand, you Marxist?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

Many of the valuations he placed on various properties were outlandish, no way a reasonable person would characterize it as just boasting.
                  And yet the bank, whose business it is to evaluate properties before lending, with help from not just 'a reasonable person', but expert appraisers, believed all of what he said, when it did not have to? And was the judge not just as 'outlandish' as Trump for first insisting on 454 million, when later 185 million was agreed to?
                  Last edited by Dilip Panjwani; Saturday, 27th July, 2024, 06:01 PM.

Comment

And yet the bank, whose business it is to evaluate properties before lending, with help from not just 'a reasonable person', but expert appraisers, believed all of what he said, when it did not have to? And was the judge not just as 'outlandish' as Trump for first insisting on 454 million, when later 185 million was agreed to?
                    First of all, the judge was way too easy on Trump. He should have been jailed for contempt of court, but set that aside for the minute.

Second of all, the judge didn't agree to the lower amount (actually my mistake, it is 175 million, not 185 million), it was a ruling by an appeals court. And maybe Bob the lawyer can check on that, I believe it only relates to the bond amount, not the 454 million judgement. But I could be wrong.

Third of all, if you have no sympathy for the banks who should know better, I agree. Some of them should have been jailed over the 2008 financial meltdown instead of being bailed out. Nevertheless, the valuations supplied by Trump were fraudulent.

The main point is Trump is a liar. A constant and persistent liar.

Have you heard of the Trump University case? Trump was sued by hundreds of students and they won a judgement of $25,000,000. Fraud!

Defend Trump if you want, but .........

Comment

• Bob G., You may be right about Trump, and I am not interested in defending him at all. However, what you need to understand is that most of the anti-Trump activities of the Democrats are very obviously senseless.

Comment

Bob G., You may be right about Trump, and I am not interested in defending him at all. However, what you need to understand is that most of the anti-Trump activities of the Democrats are very obviously senseless.
                        Those activities have propelled him to being the favourite to become the next POTUS. Good job, Democrats!

Comment

• I would say the momentum is now behind Kamala Harris.

I am delighted.

Comment

• Americas - USA

Presidential/Other Election: Tues., Nov. 4, 2024.

Expected: Kamala Harris, VP vs Donald Trump, Former President

"The latest Bloomberg News/Morning Consult poll of seven battleground states — conducted after President Joe Biden dropped out of the race — shows Vice President Kamala Harris in a statistical tie with Republican nominee Donald Trump.

She holds a 1 percentage point advantage in a head-to-head matchup, an improvement over the 2-point deficit Biden faced against the Republican nominee last month, which was his best showing since October."

Washington Post - 24/7/30

Bob A

Comment

• (From Fox News political cartoons)

Remains to be seen whether MSM can fool Americans yet again...

Comment

• "This is Unjust!" - 'Biological Male' Boxer Viciously Beats Female Opponent and Forces Her to Quit in Tears Within Seconds at Woke Olympics (VIDEO)

This is the future Democrats led by Kamala Harris want for all female sports in America.

By Cullen Linebarger

3 min. read
                                View original
                                Credit: The Daily Mail
                                This is the future Democrats led by Kamala Harris want for all female sports in America.

The Paris Olympics erupted in controversy again on Thursday after a “biological man” easily “prevailed” in an Olympic boxing match after smacking around a much smaller and weaker woman for just under a minute. This follows the Olympic organizers cruelly insulting Christians during the opening ceremonies with a Last Supper reenactment involving drag queens.

As the Daily Mail reported, the boxing bout between Italian Angela Carini and her Algerian opponent Imane Khelif lasted just 46 seconds, with Carini dropping her helmet onto the floor while quitting and shouting, “This is unjust!”

The 25-year-old Carini then rightfully refused to shake hands with Khelif and fell to the floor bawling after just two vicious punches to the head from her Algerian tormentor, who had been banned from a significant boxing competition a year before the Olympics.

WATCH:
                                Angela Carini (blue, female) abandons fight against Imane Khelif (red, male) a few minutes into fight /1 pic.twitter.com/yOIvZkDaow

— FairPlayForWomen (@fairplaywomen) August 1, 2024
                                A couple of punches to the head and it’s all over. /2 pic.twitter.com/6egSrRj51s

— FairPlayForWomen (@fairplaywomen) August 1, 2024
                                An absolute travesty at the Olympics.

Angela Carini is forced to box against a biological male. She quits after just 45 seconds, and cries hysterically as her opponent is declared the winner.

Don’t look away. This is wokeness. pic.twitter.com/wOkVRs88t5

— End Wokeness (@EndWokeness) August 1, 2024

Carini told reporters following the bout she had never been slugged so hard in her life and was in too much pain to continue.

“I’m used to suffering. I’ve never taken a punch like that, it’s impossible to continue, Carini explained. “I’m nobody to say it’s illegal.”

“I got into the ring to fight, but I didn’t feel like it anymore after the first minute,” she added. “I started to feel a strong pain in my nose. I didn’t give up, but a punch hurt too much and so I said enough. I’m leaving with my head held high.”

Khelif then dared to thank God for his “victory” after assaulting Carini for several seconds.

“God willing, this was the first victory,” he boasted. “God is willing me to the golden one.”
                                Try not to cry… Angela Carini talks about competing in the Olympics for her late father.

She just quit her boxing match after being forced to compete against a man.

Allowing men in women’s competitions is evil. Democrats support it.pic.twitter.com/djpbkNhq63

— Libs of TikTok (@libsoftiktok) August 1, 2024

As Fox News notes, Khelif previously failed a gender eligibility test back in 2023. The Algerian was disqualified during the 2023 World Championships in New Delhi, India.

Reuters revealed that Khelif tested positive for having high levels of testosterone during the competition. Despite this, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) gave Khelif the green light to “compete” in Paris against females despite the inherent dangers.

X Owner Elon Musk weighed in following the travesty:
                                This is wrong

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) August 1, 2024

Former NCAA Champion swimmer and women’s rights advocate Riley Gaines posted, “Men don’t belong in women’s sports #IStandWithAngelaCarini” with a photo of the Italian boxer and asked X users to amplify the post. So far, it has received over 35 million views.
                                Men don’t belong in women’s sports #IStandWithAngelaCarini

Let’s get it trending pic.twitter.com/ljlJJwE0hM

— Riley Gaines (@Riley_Gaines_) August 1, 2024

Comment

Working...
                                X