Could an Artificial Intelligence really destroy humanity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could an Artificial Intelligence really destroy humanity?

To start off this topic .... I saw a comment by Sid Belzberg in another thread in which he mentioned "digital ID" and "digital currency" as things that are coming in the future. I myself do believe this. But as of right now, we do still have cash currency that can be used.

My question: Could a perfect AI design a scanner / printer that could scan any paper currency from any country, and print an exact copy, completely indistinguishable from the real thing? Obviously it would need some special raw materials to do this.

The copy would be so perfect that even the scanner itself would declare the copy to be legal tender, not counterfeit.

And furthermore, could someone have already developed this capability?

Could today's high inflation be at least partially due to new paper currency that is daily being introduced into circulation by some AI-designed scanner / printer, without the knowledge of the world's central bankers?

If the answer is yes and can be demonstrated somehow (exactly how I have no idea), it would rush the move to digital currency around the world, which would be a disaster imo.

Why would you need artificial intelligence to design a scanner? Unless of course you want your counterfitting operation to always be one step of the Feds, without your invention?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Henderson View Post
      Why would you need artificial intelligence to design a scanner? Unless of course you want your counterfitting operation to always be one step of the Feds, without your invention?
      Someone can correct me if this is wrong, but I don't think today's digital scanners can produce a totally accurate digital result in scanning currency that has holograms embedded within it. Therefore I am suggesting we need an AI to design such a scanner, because the output of the scanner would be input to the printer that would then produce the new currency bill with the embedded holograms totally accurate.

And of course, the AI would be programmed to design the scanner/printer such that it could be built as cheaply and surreptitiously as possible, i.e. using off-the-shelf electronic components.

Comment

Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post

Someone can correct me if this is wrong, but I don't think today's digital scanners can produce a totally accurate digital result in scanning currency that has holograms embedded within it. Therefore I am suggesting we need an AI to design such a scanner, because the output of the scanner would be input to the printer that would then produce the new currency bill with the embedded holograms totally accurate.

And of course, the AI would be programmed to design the scanner/printer such that it could be built as cheaply and surreptitiously as possible, i.e. using off-the-shelf electronic components.
        hmmm... These hologram "QR" codes are supposed ton provide a unique identification, Presumably the Bank of Canada has it's own AI. So our scanner's AI would need to be able to predict what the Fed's AI is coming up with. That might be tough. Wouldn't it be easier to move to the United States? I'm pretty sure their currency is easier to counterfeit.

Comment

Wait, something's not right. This is the 3rd decade of the 21st century. Let's get with the times. Instead of using AI to generate paper currency, we use AI to design a computer that will counterfeit crypto-currency.

Comment

Working...
          X