Poll: Would you cheat on your taxes if you could get away with it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Would you cheat on your taxes if you could get away with it?

Yes. Because I am somewhat corrupt.

No. Be honourable, and if this is not appealing then understand that what goes around comes around.

Comment

No

The tax system is not fair (Skewered to help the wealthy with tax avoidance - legal). But the lower half, and higher, all pay pretty much the same on a graduated basis.

So I'll pay my share to support society.

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
        No

The tax system is not fair (Skewered to help the wealthy with tax avoidance - legal). But the lower half, and higher, all pay pretty much the same on a graduated basis.

<snip>

~ Bob A (T-S/P)
        Oh really? I'd like to see you back that claim with evidence, not just hyperbole and conjecture. Of course you never have, and I very much doubt you can. I doubt you have any idea how much the rich pay in taxes, or just what it is they do (charitable donations?) to get their "tax breaks". After that, we can can try and find some agreement on what's fair.

LOL
        Last edited by Fred Henderson; Sunday, 23rd April, 2023, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Fred is right - I am not a tax accountant and I've never filed a wealthy person's tax form.

But I read many articles that do refer to various loopholes the wealthy can legally use to reduce their taxes. The implication of these articles is that there is no real justification from a tax point of view for the loophole. Numbers of articles are written on "tax loopholes" that do not deserve to be there, and should be closed.

So, yes, Fred, I am just a layperson reading the articles like many others, and accepting what is written.

Am I wrong in my generalized conclusion that it is an acknowledged "fact" that the current tax system is skewered to help the wealthy?

First - other non-tax account CT'ers.
          Second - Fred (I assume you have dealt with wealthy persons' tax filings, given your posting)

Bob A

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
            Fred is right - I am not a tax accountant and I've never filed a wealthy person's tax form.

But I read many articles that do refer to various loopholes the wealthy can legally use to reduce their taxes. The implication of these articles is that there is no real justification from a tax point of view for the loophole. Numbers of articles are written on "tax loopholes" that do not deserve to be there, and should be closed.

So, yes, Fred, I am just a layperson reading the articles like many others, and accepting what is written.

Am I wrong in my generalized conclusion that it is an acknowledged "fact" that the current tax system is skewered to help the wealthy?

First - other non-tax account CT'ers.
            Second - Fred (I assume you have dealt with wealthy persons' tax filings, given your posting)

Bob A
            Think the rich don’t pay their ‘fair share’? Think again

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/21/opini...dge/index.html

Comment

Working...
            X