Robert F. Kennedy Jr. vs Joe Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert F. Kennedy Jr. vs Joe Biden

Fun watching Robert F. Kennedy Jr. get moving with his presidential candidacy!!

Not just because of his practical stance on how the US government has completely bungled COVID-19 pandemic, but rather because of how Kennedy could gain momentum to overcome his current deficit to Biden ...

Biden 62%
    Kennedy 19%

... among Democratic primary voters.

Well, this just helped ... a lot ...

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. says he opposes biological males competing in women's sports.
    "I think women have worked too hard to develop women's sports over the past 30 years. I watched it happen, and I don't think that's fair."
    Not only is that statement a very interesting choice of words ... he is also aligning himself with Republicans who have just last week unanimously passed a House bill which would prevent biological males from competing as transgender athletes in girls and women’s sports at schools in America ... Protection of Women and Girls in Sports Act.

Biden has said he would veto the bill if it were to arrive on his desk. LOL!!!

So, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has found a popular and centrist wedge issue ... aligned himself with Republicans ... all while Biden's approval rating sinks to its lowest at 37%, ha!

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
    Fun watching Robert F. Kennedy Jr. get moving with his presidential candidacy!!

Not just because of his practical stance on how the US government has completely bungled COVID-19 pandemic, but rather because of how Kennedy could gain momentum to overcome his current deficit to Biden ...

Biden 62%
    Kennedy 19%

... among Democratic primary voters.

Well, this just helped ... a lot ...

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. says he opposes biological males competing in women's sports.

Not only is that statement a very interesting choice of words ... he is also aligning himself with Republicans who have just last week unanimously passed a House bill which would prevent biological males from competing as transgender athletes in girls and women’s sports at schools in America ... Protection of Women and Girls in Sports Act.

Biden has said he would veto the bill if it were to arrive on his desk. LOL!!!

So, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has found a popular and centrist wedge issue ... aligned himself with Republicans ... all while Biden's approval rating sinks to its lowest at 37%, ha!

This post actually makes sense. Who is ghostwriting for you this weekend, Neil?
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

This is a very delicate subject requiring both love and sensitivity. I do not have any answers here, and I want to be careful, but I am willing to make this statement. I do not think it would be appropriate for a person who transgendered from male to female to become a mixed martial artist and fight against female persons who have not transgendered.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
        This is a very delicate subject requiring both love and sensitivity. I do not have any answers here, and I want to be careful, but I am willing to make this statement. I do not think it would be appropriate for a person who transgendered from male to female to become a mixed martial artist and fight against female persons who have not transgendered.
        I agree and I'm thinking specifically of NCAA transgender swimmer Lia Thomas. Thomas was a male and competed as a male for about the first 20 years of her life. NCAA approved her to compete in the 2022 women's championships, which she won (in her class). I would love to see the medical report that stated categorically that having the benefit of 20 years of male hormones coursing through her body had absolutely zero impact on her ability to compete as a female. But of course I won't see that report because no doctor in her/his right mind would sign such a piece of nonsense. Meanwhile, a number of young women who had each spent thousands of hours training for one of the peak athletic experiences of their lives (the chance to compete for an NCAA championship) got shafted.
        "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
        "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

I believe that the solution to all of these sorts of questions may involve basing the criterion upon body type rather than gender identification. We have bodies that are male and bodies that are female (with limited exceptions). Some bodies undergo surgery and/or hormone therapy, but before these alterations they are either male or female (again, with limited exceptions).

Public washrooms are labeled with reference to body type, not with reference to gender identification. What person who identifies as male but is having his monthly cycle will walk into a men's public washroom in search of sanitary products? What person who identifies as female but has a penis will walk into the women's washroom if the need is urgent and a urinal is all that is required?

Society is placing too much emphasis upon gender identification and not enough upon body type, it seems to me. Common sense, and some compassion too, need to prevail, rather than strict adherence to what may be a misguided principle.
          Last edited by Brad Thomson; Monday, 1st May, 2023, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

This post actually makes sense. Who is ghostwriting for you this weekend, Neil?
            <smirk>Thanks! No seriously, thanks!</smirk>

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post

<snip>

Society is placing too much emphasis upon gender identification and not enough upon body type, it seems to me. Common sense, and some compassion too, need to prevail, rather than strict adherence to what may be a misguided principle.
              Not sure what "society" has to do with it. We have charter of rights and freedoms, or maybe it is the right to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" not to mention confidentiality between doctor and patient.. I'm sure she has good legal representation. As for all of these other athletes getting "shafted", that makes it sound like she is cheating? Huh?? I don't think so. is that what they (the shaftees) are saying? I doubt it, but I haven't looked.

edit: oops! this is USA. My bad.
              Last edited by Fred Henderson; Friday, 12th May, 2023, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Henderson View Post
                .... As for all of these other athletes getting "shafted", that makes it sound like she is cheating? Huh?? I don't think so. is that what they (the shaftees) are saying? ....
                Are you referring to Lia Thomas?

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

Are you referring to Lia Thomas?
                  Yes. I confess I know nothing other than what I read here, and I didn't give it a lot of thought. I would expect her legal rights (to "Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?") would take precedence, that's all. Wasn't trying to pass judgement on anyone, at least I hope i wasn't. :)

Comment

Working...
                  X