If I were Prime Minister...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I were Prime Minister...

First order of business, would be to put a Blue-Tooth monitor on my desk in the house off commons, showing me from the head-up only. Forget question period, I Canadians want to know what is going on, they can read the new "Hansard". is it called? which is auto-filled in text form using the voice recognition capabillties of my $200 Google Chromebook. That way I can run the country from anywhere in the world, there is no way for someone to know. After abolishing question period, I would tear down the House of Commons, recycle all that beautiful wood and sell it to the highest bidder, we can expect to see a flood of new electric and acoustic guitars, of high quality. This will result in a huge reduction in wasteful use of the taxpayers money,

First order of priority would be to resolve the issues of lack of affordable housing, and also poverty. This thing they call "the poverty line" is worthless, a meaningless number, based on an arbitrary decision based on a questionable understandng of what it's like to be poor, and how to deal with the issue. Pouring more and more money into social housing can't possibly be the most cost effective way of doing things. So first order is to re-open the whole structure of Federal-Provincial responsibilities to facilitate a national strategy to deal with the situation, The key will be to have the right people doing the right things to lower the over all cost to the "economy" of housing people. Off the top of my head, I would offer the private sector tax breaks if they provide affordable housing as required.

Any questions?. Anything you want to see done?. Be prepared to make a case.

Thank You.

Originally posted by Fred Henderson View Post
    First order of business, would be to put a Blue-Tooth monitor on my desk in the house off commons, showing me from the head-up only. Forget question period, I Canadians want to know what is going on, they can read the new "Hansard". is it called? which is auto-filled in text form using the voice recognition capabillties of my $200 Google Chromebook. That way I can run the country from anywhere in the world, there is no way for someone to know. After abolishing question period, I would tear down the House of Commons, recycle all that beautiful wood and sell it to the highest bidder, we can expect to see a flood of new electric and acoustic guitars, of high quality. This will result in a huge reduction in wasteful use of the taxpayers money,

First order of priority would be to resolve the issues of lack of affordable housing, and also poverty. This thing they call "the poverty line" is worthless, a meaningless number, based on an arbitrary decision based on a questionable understandng of what it's like to be poor, and how to deal with the issue. Pouring more and more money into social housing can't possibly be the most cost effective way of doing things. So first order is to re-open the whole structure of Federal-Provincial responsibilities to facilitate a national strategy to deal with the situation, The key will be to have the right people doing the right things to lower the over all cost to the "economy" of housing people. Off the top of my head, I would offer the private sector tax breaks if they provide affordable housing as required.

Any questions?. Anything you want to see done?. Be prepared to make a case.

Thank You.

Better idea: abolish the very concept of there being a Prime Minister, or any other kind of minister. Turn politics into a labor of love by making politician wages close to minimum wage. Until something like that happens, politics will continue to be nothing but corruption and pursuit of individual prosperity.

As I have posted elsewhere on this forum, I would abolish all taxpayer funding for sports, except for provision and maintenance of sports facilities.

Lia Thomas shafted other women swimmers? Too f**king bad. There shouldn't even BE swimming competitions unless private interests run them. You want to swim, you swim. You want to keep track of your swim times, you keep track. You want to race against other swimmers for money or Olympic medals? MEANINGLESS. No taxpayer funding for such meaningless activities. The money saved from such waste can go into health care and housing improvements.

<RANT>
    Which of course will get the usual idiots saying "No amount of money can fix health care in Canada". That's just a cop-out, totally missing the point.

The point is, no amount of money can fix for example the Leafs losing in the playoffs year after year, because the Leafs as an organization are not hurt in any way by their being an inferior product. The talent is there, the dedication isn't.

As Wayne Gretzky just said last night on a TSN broadcast of the Panthers - Hurricanes game: "You got guys in Toronto on milk cartons. They're missing." Matthews and Marner have to do TV commercials while they can't even get into a Stanley Cup final despite making millions per year in salary? Get the bleep out of town!

When the NHL was only 6 teams, the Leafs and Canadiens dominated decade after decade (Detroit was also very strong). In those years, money didn't drive hockey. Dedication drove hockey. Wear a helmet? A visor? A goalie mask? Not on your life! Probably at least 80% of the players in the entire league were Canadian. Out of all sports, only hockey really grabs my attention, and it's because of this history of dedication. (I admire those who work out of dedication. That's why I say pay almost minimum wage to useless politicians. If they go extinct, we are better off. Thus this rant.)

Last night's 4 overtime game had the announcers repeating over and over, gotta watch the ice times, can't let a player get tired. Oh my god, Montour has been out 2 minutes! He must be EXHAUSTED!

None of these guys would survive 2 minutes on the battlefield in Ukraine.

Stop paying these pussies such high salaries, give that money to health care professionals (including mental health care) who do the REAL important work in our society. A lot more kids would then grow up wanting to be doctors or nurses, not pussycat pro athletes.

Don't even get me STARTED on those NBA freaks. Trotting up and down the court like they own the world.... YECH!
    </RANT>

So.... do I have anybody's vote? LOL!!!!!
    Last edited by Pargat Perrer; Friday, 19th May, 2023, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Thank You Pargat, A complete waste of bandwidth. Hopefully you will run for my opposition.

Comment

Thank You Pargat, A complete waste of bandwidth. Hopefully you will run for my opposition.
        A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Bandwidth, that's ok, there are zombies everywhere.

EDIT: I'll be running for the No Frills Party! LOL!!!
        Last edited by Pargat Perrer; Friday, 19th May, 2023, 05:32 PM.

Comment

I would abolish political parties, only independents. Those elected then choose the Cabinet and PM.

Comment

This thread has turned into a joke. Thanks for wasting my time guys. I'm out of here.

Comment

This thread has turned into a joke. Thanks for wasting my time guys. I'm out of here.
              Well, the real joke is that politics can save us from ourselves. Maybe you should read about the fall of the Roman empire.

Comment

Recent OECD data shows that Sweden, which adopted Libertarian policies during the pandemic, unlike the highly regulatory policies elsewhere, had the lowest excess mortality... as expected, I would say...

Comment

Working...
                X