"Democratic Marxism?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Democratic Marxism?"

It appears that I have been cut off from several threads on here. I do not apologize for my critical posts...I try to use humor rather than flat out insults....but apparently even this is too much for some lame coward on here. The list of culprits is thankfully small, so we know who you are!

The whole series of threads started when someone tried to hi-jack the legitimate chess site with nonsense, and has continued after being thrown off into this non-chess wilderness. With an incredible ego, he has continued at enormous length by setting his own rules, voting nonsense, self appointed "positions", all the while claiming to a Democrat Marxist. For a little context, I have had a fortunate life. Born and brought up in Britain, I have spent most of my life in Canada. We survivors as kids during and after WW2 have a sense of history that recognizes all the evils, cruelty, and ugliness of regimes that paraded under names like Nazism, Fascism, Communism, and yes Marxism. All failed systems for good reason. So I believe that anyone who fails to sense the lessons of history should be shut down. That of course will not happen in our free society, but isn't it ironic that I would be shut down by a Marxist? Well there you go!

I could go on, but it's not worth the effort. But the few of you on here need to sort yourselves out.

Have a good night.....
    Last edited by Fred Harvey; Wednesday, 20th September, 2023, 12:38 AM.
    Fred Harvey

Hi Fred:

I neither enter into flame wars (If I can) nor do I promote banning of any kind.

I did not complain about your posting to anyone (Except I thought you were a bit dismissive of the intelligence of your peer CT'ers here). Democratic Marxism is not into "banning".

For what it is worth, your posts are thoughtful, though couched a bit snarkily sometimes. I have kept your Supporting Reasons for Statements on the list.

For what it is worth, I have never seen anything of yours as very disrespectful.......I cannot say that of some others, who, apparently, have not been banned.

I'm sorry that this administrative decision has apparently been made, and I, for one, would ask Administration for a review of your posts and the decision.

Bob A (Democratic Marxist)

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Harvey View Post
      It appears that I have been cut off from several threads on here. I do not apologize for my critical posts...I try to use humor rather than flat out insults....but apparently even this is too much for some lame coward on here. The list of culprits is thankfully small, so we know who you are!

The whole series of threads started when someone tried to hi-jack the legitimate chess site with nonsense, and has continued after being thrown off into this non-chess wilderness. With an incredible ego, he has continued at enormous length by setting his own rules, voting nonsense, self appointed "positions", all the while claiming to a Democrat Marxist. For a little context, I have had a fortunate life. Born and brought up in Britain, I have spent most of my life in Canada. We survivors as kids during and after WW2 have a sense of history that recognizes all the evils, cruelty, and ugliness of regimes that paraded under names like Nazism, Fascism, Communism, and yes Marxism. All failed systems for good reason. So I believe that anyone who fails to sense the lessons of history should be shut down. That of course will not happen in our free society, but isn't it ironic that I would be shut down by a Marxist? Well there you go!

I could go on, but it's not worth the effort. But the few of you on here need to sort yourselves out.

Have a good night.....
      Fred,
      I doubt anyone would have banned you... you may just have faced some technical issue while trying to post...

Comment

Originally posted by Dilip Panjwani View Post

Fred,
        I doubt anyone would have banned you... you may just have faced some technical issue while trying to post...
        No, my posts disappeared entirely yesterday, so something was going on. Mysteriously, they are back up this morning, so the list of suspects is now down to two! Thank you for the thought however, even if I retain strong negative feelings about these threads for many reasons.
        Fred Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
          Hi Fred:

I neither enter into flame wars (If I can) nor do I promote banning of any kind.

I did not complain about your posting to anyone (Except I thought you were a bit dismissive of the intelligence of your peer CT'ers here). Democratic Marxism is not into "banning".

For what it is worth, your posts are thoughtful, though couched a bit snarkily sometimes. I have kept your Supporting Reasons for Statements on the list.

For what it is worth, I have never seen anything of yours as very disrespectful.......I cannot say that of some others, who, apparently, have not been banned.

I'm sorry that this administrative decision has apparently been made, and I, for one, would ask Administration for a review of your posts and the decision.

Bob A (Democratic Marxist)
          Thank you for your post! For whatever reason, my missing posts re-appeared this morning, so whoever was playing silly beggars is now down to two suspects.

We will, of course remain miles apart on our opinions, and modus operandi......
          Fred Harvey

Comment

Fred - np (Differing strokes, for differing folks - makes the world go round)

Comment

Working...
            X