Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post

You say "some are able to use the corrupt politicians....."

Did it occur to you that these "some" are the very people who should be pushing for Libertarianism? i.e. the ultra-wealthy?

Who influences politicians most? The ultra-wealthy! And their corporations! Their lobbyists!

Do they really want Libertarianism? mostly NO!

I mentioned already about the survival bunkers they are purchasing in droves, you yourself either have one or want one.

So if they buy these bunkers and are preparing for the day of moving into them, do you not think they WANT our economy to collapse, they WANT society to collapse? YOU BET THEY DO. Then they and their seed spent 2 years in hibernation, and come out to take over what's left of the world, and everything is theirs for the taking. They have to wait the 2 years for the survivors who don't have bunkers to kill each other off in pursuit of food and water, like The Walking Dead except it's not zombies getting killed, it's other surviving people.

So guess what, they are LOBBYING for more government restrictions, more laws, more lawyers! Even the USA, with their love of freedom individual liberty, cannot come close to overcoming the lobbyists for the ultra-wealthy.... the ones who SHOULD BE in support of Libertarianism, from the idealistic viewpoint at least.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

And you STILL haven't explained how the Natural Law gets interpreted .... not by lawyers or judges, you insist.

Which can only mean .... A DICTATOR.
    The ultra-rich who do not deserve their obscene wealth are against Libertarianism, as it would bring competition from several others, which could decimate their businesses.
    And the Natural law would be interpreted just like any other law, by judges and lawyers; the simplicity of the law and the absence of a myriad other confusing and contradictory laws would however mean less work for lawyers and that would be a good thing for society...

Comment

It would have been a nightmare for me as a civil litigation lawyer to have to interpret and apply the "one shoe fits all" Natural Law..........the judges would have been especially cranky to deal with.

I've been in the Ontario Court of Appeal and the Federal Court of Appeal (Among many others).......I would have spent a lot more time there than I did.......yes......good for me; no.....not good for society to have a law which no one understood, or knew how to apply.

Multiplicity of Litigation - one of the indicia of the collapse of civilization?

Bob A (Inactive Member of the Law Society of Ontario)
      Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Tuesday, 7th November, 2023, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Indicia of Collapse of a Civilization

It does not happen overnight.......there is a long, continuous, slow deterioration, as values decline generally on all fronts.

Then the metamorphosis.......like the caterpillar to the butterfly.....not (In reverse!). We get either Dystopia, or, like the Phoenix from the ashes, a new Ruler/Empire appears (Often worse than the prior one)!

Post your view of the current indicia of the decline of our world civilization; we will add them here/to our "weekly overview" of the thread!

[Note: a re-post of part of an earlier post; thought it needed its own post.]

Bob A

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post

a law which no one understood, or knew how to apply.

Only the marxists who feel threatened by Libertarianism pretend not to understand the law. The top lawyers have stated otherwise: Clarence Thomas of the Supreme Court of USA and some of his colleagues are on record having stated that their supreme guiding law is the Natural Law!

Comment

Multiplicity of Litigation - one of the indicia of the collapse of civilization?

That is what is happening now with the myriad of confusing and contradictory laws leading to courts very frequently going against the verdicts of their fellow courts, and 'laws' becoming indistinguishable from political vendetta...

Comment

Guys, please stay on topic. No more idiotic squabbling about Libertarianism and Natural Law.
              Also, please Bob A, no weekly wrap up stats.

Here is an interesting video. Poses some interesting questions: lost ancient civilizations, myth or reality?

Are we next, will anyone survive to remember us?

​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw-w...%93InaNutshell

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

No more idiotic squabbling...

Nothing is more idiotic than Democratic Marxism... one has to clarify that the way to prevent collapse of civilization by Marxists, corrupt Capitalists and corrupt politicians is with Libertarianism and the Natural Law! Get it, Bob G?
                Last edited by Dilip Panjwani; Tuesday, 7th November, 2023, 08:38 AM.

Comment

But Bob G......

I love stats!!!

Bob A

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                    Guys, please stay on topic. No more idiotic squabbling about Libertarianism and Natural Law.
                    Also, please Bob A, no weekly wrap up stats.

Here is an interesting video. Poses some interesting questions: lost ancient civilizations, myth or reality?

Are we next, will anyone survive to remember us?

I watched the video and while I would note it offers nothing new under the sun, there is a reason to think that things would go differently this time -- meaning if another Earth-shattering cataclysm occurs.

That something different is what I mentioned above, the survival bunkers being built around the world for the ultra-wealthy to escape to. The people of Atlantis or any other past great civilization did not apparently think to build such things.

So while Graham Hancock says that possibly only the hunter-gatherers in the Amazon or the Saharan or Namibian deserts would survive us, this time it might not be the case. It depends on how severe the cataclysm were to be. Most of these bunkers offer 2- or 3-year shelter and supplies .... if that were enough that the ultra-wealthy could come back outside after that time had elapsed, then they and their families would be the true survivors. The hunter-gatherers would continue to just be as they are, because they are not built or organized for progress. The ultra-wealthy would start the next great human civilization, if they indeed can walk out of their bunkers after 2 or 3 years and restart everything.

What dost thou think, Bob G.? Are we the first great civilization to ensure our survival by means of these bunkers?

Comment

Originally posted by Dilip Panjwani View Post

Nothing is more idiotic than Democratic Marxism... one has to clarify that the way to prevent collapse of civilization by Marxists, corrupt Capitalists and corrupt politicians is with Libertarianism and the Natural Law! Get it, Bob G?
                      No, Bob G. DOESN'T get it because there is nothing to get, just idealistic preaching from a Libertarian troll.

You Dilip even agreed that the ultra-wealthy are not wanting Libertarianism. How then do you possibly visualize their great power is overcome and Libertarianism sweeps the Earth?

(EDIT: maybe Dilip you are actually a Christian and you believe Jesus is coming to be the dictator who enforces the Natural Law?)

And as I just posted to Bob G., very possibly it is the ultra-wealthy who are going to survive the coming cataclysm(s) that will bring down for some short time period the house-of-cards civilization we now live in, because they will survive in underground shelters (bunkers). Even nuclear war can be survived in these, depending on how long and severe the ensuing nuclear winter is.

And what kind of civilization will the ultra-wealthy build after the cataclysm? Surely not a LIbertarian one, since they view the cataclysm as both inevitable and necessary and in fact they are hurrying it along. If they are against Libertarianism now, they will be against it post-cataclysm as well.
                      Last edited by Pargat Perrer; Wednesday, 8th November, 2023, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post

How then do you possibly visualize their great power is overcome and Libertarianism sweeps the Earth?

Do not underestimate the power of a revolution by the common man! Right, Bob A, the great believer in the value of the common man?

Comment

But Bob G......

I love stats!!!

Bob A
                          I love stats too!!

But instead of stats on how many posts etc...
                          Why not some real life stats to help us avoid the upcoming possible collapse of civilization?

For instances,

I have heard a wide variety of estimates of the resource capacity of the earth to sustain human populations from less than 1 billion to 3+ billion. What credibility do we give those estimates and how can we expand it?

Some say at our current rates we will run out of fresh water in 17 years. Of course, there are lots of assumption built in and we can always desalinate ocean water. But when will this problem begin to affect the rich countries?

Lots of other stats to research.

My youtube travels got me to this video. Kim Stanley Robinson is a science fiction writer who authored Ministry for the Future in 2019. I haven't read it yet but I take it is a fictional novel about how climate change etc. is tackled in the near future. The authors thoughts after his novel, a rather upbeat sentiment. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POs0...annel=Bioneers

Comment

Do not underestimate the power of a revolution by the common man! Right, Bob A, the great believer in the value of the common man?
                            But would a Libertarian revolution be driven by the common man? If there ever is such a revolution, I suspect that, when the dust settled, the people in charge would be that same subset of humanity that has always been in charge; i.e. the assholes.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-views/675946/
                            "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                            "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                            "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

But would a Libertarian revolution be driven by the common man? If there ever is such a revolution, I suspect that, when the dust settled, the people in charge would be that same subset of humanity that has always been in charge; i.e. the assholes.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-views/675946/
                              In the Libertarian system of circles within circles, which I have described previously, everyone is in charge, and the 'assholes' have very limited influence since the governing 'constitution' is Libertarian...

Comment

In the Libertarian system of circles within circles, which I have described previously, everyone is in charge, and the 'assholes' have very limited influence since the governing 'constitution' is Libertarian...
                                "Circles within circles" .... remember "a thousand points of light"?

It's all just bs, mumbo jumbo, meaningless gibberish.

"everyone's in charge" .... yeah, that will REALLY go well.

Comment

Working...
                                X