Proposed Hansen-Sambuev match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed Hansen-Sambuev match

I have started a new thread on this. Eric Hansen has accepted to play a 6-game match against Bator Sambuev with a total prize fund of over $10,000 - most of it being provided by Brian Hartman.

What is the progress in this match? Will it happen? Has Bator accepted?

Re: Proposed Hansen-Sambuev match

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
    I have started a new thread on this. Eric Hansen has accepted to play a 6-game match against Bator Sambuev with a total prize fund of over $10,000 - most of it being provided by Brian Hartman.

What is the progress in this match? Will it happen? Has Bator accepted?
    Hopefully, the games will be provided live on the NET. Assuming it can be arranged!

Comment

Wow! 10G ....... amazing what a little thrash talking can do to stir up interest! :D

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
        Wow! 10G ....... amazing what a little thrash talking can do to stir up interest! :D
        You dirty scoundrel! And your mother wears army boots!
        "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
          You dirty scoundrel! And your mother wears army boots!

I hereby pledge $10 for a six game match between Vlad Dobrich and Tom O'Donnell, to be held at no one's convenience.

Comment

Hey,
            I don't come cheap. I'd want at least $20 to put this has been in his place.

Comment

Hey,
              I don't come cheap. I'd want at least $20 to put this has been in his place.
              20 dollars in pennies.
              "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

I hope we actually do have a match. I think it's important to have big matches between our best players in order to generate interest for the game of chess across the country. I think I can speak for some of us, that we were inspired to play chess after seeing some World Championships or big tournaments. Even then it's just fun to watch two of our best players going at each other.

Comment

No response from Sambuev agreeing to the match?
                  Then how about an alternative match >>>
                  Eric Hansen vs Razvan Preotu
                  who are now ranked #1 and 2 on the CFC ratings list -
                  It appears that Anton Kovalov has been dropped from the list where he has been #1 (for several years?). And if he has been dropped from the list in error, then surely he can be easily restored. Oh wait, this is the CFC - they need a 2/3 vote from the board of governors to take action :D.

Comment

It appears that Anton Kovalov has been dropped from the list where he has been #1 (for several years?). And if he has been dropped from the list in error, then surely he can be easily restored. Oh wait, this is the CFC - they need a 2/3 vote from the board of governors to take action :D.
                    No. Website is working just fine. The default setting is to include only players who have participated in a CFC event in the past year. Change the setting to 2 years and Anton will reappear as #1.

Comment

No response from Sambuev agreeing to the match?
                      Then how about an alternative match >>>
                      Eric Hansen vs Razvan Preotu
                      who are now ranked #1 and 2 on the CFC ratings list -

"Many a true word is spoken in jest." OR...

I am sure we could say something like, "Many a shot/dig, though couched in a smiley face, is really meant!"

Why do so many people (not only Vlad, actually, not even mostly Vlad) think a smiley face reduces the impact of the digs/shots?

Comment

Any update? I'm also completely open to making it a Chess-boxing/MMA match to make it more marketable or interesting. Should be able to find a weight class

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Hansen View Post
                          Any update? I'm also completely open to making it a Chess-boxing/MMA match to make it more marketable or interesting. Should be able to find a weight class
                          A Boxing match between Hansen and Sambuev would still be more entertaining and competitive than Mayweather vs Pacquiao was.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Hansen View Post
                            I suggest adding a Runway off to make it more attractive, a la Zoolander

Comment

Chess-MMA could be very interesting. Will you bring out the Sambo in Sambuev? Sounds expensive!

Comment

Working...
                              X