• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHESS MOVES by Deen Hergott

:(Ottawa Citizen's Chess Moves Column:(

YOUR ASSISTANCE IS APPRECIATED.
    To Any and All Chess Brothers and Sisters:

Dean Hergott's column which was in the Ottawa Citizen every Saturday has ended.
    Dean has contributed for many years to the entire chess movement here locally, and gave so unselfishly of his time to all of the Chess lovers everywhere.

Please take a moment of your time to write or call the Ottawa Citizen
    letters@thecitizen.canwest.com

or tel: 613 596-3785
    Graham Green (exec.dir) made this decision and will revisit in the future a possibility to bring the column back. We can help to speed up the process and convince Graham that the future is now.
    His email address is:
    ggreen@thecitizen.canwest.com

TO RE-INSTATE DEAN's Column and show our mutual love and support of Chess.

To the entire Chess Family.
    Thank You.
    ________
    Aprilia TXR312M
    Last edited by Henry Blaszczak; Thursday, 20th January, 2011, 03:37 AM.

Re: CHESS MOVES by Deen Hergott

well, I'm not doing very at all.
    I was trying to highlight the fact that I would be missing a chess column in the paper from now on. I posted that over at the Ottawa Chess Club.
    I must have been too gung-ho because I went to read the message board
    and it says that I'm banned.

I'm banned and I don't understand.

No column..no message board..no explanation.
    I guess I just got rooked in the corner.
    ________
    buy silver surfer

Comment

Some people wear the " dark board " banning as a badge of honour, Henry !!

Bob

Comment

Well I don't know ...it sounds very Star Wars-ish to me Bob - and funny.
        If there is anything there that I should be aware of I guess I will find out in time or get a
        private message....but the good news is that the Monday Night Blitz games there have been cancelled (i don't mean that is good) and I can actually read it, which tells me that me being "banned" was either a glitch or oversight. I was actually getting worried and wondering about my freedom of speech not that there was anything for me to feel bad about. I think when you go on any message board, there are certain rules and regulations and hopefully a warning or reminder before anyone goes astray.
        Otherwise, someone could just issue a blanket complaint and be unjustly accused without explanation and deported to a very lonely deserted purgatory with no chess board or pieces.
        ________
        CHF50

Comment

Hi Henry,
          That is the way to keep it. Do not be discouraged in doing that. Fruits of your activity will be visible soon.
          :)

Comment

Hi Henry,
            Any development since your last message, - as is on this forum(see above) in this topic? Have you heard something? I'm just curious. Thanks for information in advance.
            :)

Comment

Working...
            X