I Beat an IM Today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Beat an IM Today!

I should write a book called how to beat an IM in 6 moves!

Today I did just that! I used Alekhine's famous mate on some Egyptian IM and gave him a learning experience he will surely remember for years to come! In game two the game lasted a few moves longer - barely, but when our IM friend dropped a piece he knew who the better blitz player was and resigned accordingly!

Both games can be found here:

Alex beats IM twice!

Last edited by Alex Toolsie; Saturday, 17th January, 2009, 03:36 AM.
    OzChess - Australia's Chess Forum - Upcoming Chess Tournaments, Game Analysis, Chess Politics, & Australian Chess News
    http://www.ozchess.com

Re: I Beat an IM Today!

Originally posted by Alex Toolsie View Post

Today I did just that!
    And again, today, I beat another IM. This time it took me 62 moves, so maybe I am losing my touch :(

Anyway, here is the game for your viewing pleasure.

http://www.ozchess.com.au/showpost.p...&postcount=213
    OzChess - Australia's Chess Forum - Upcoming Chess Tournaments, Game Analysis, Chess Politics, & Australian Chess News

Comment

move back and stay atyhe Oz chess channel, putz!!

Comment

I'll just go on the assumption that this is bullet games and the IM premoves and fails
        Shameless self-promotion on display here
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Barkyducky?feature=mhee

Comment

That's right. Alex couldn't do/repeat that in a regular game with a normal time to play. There are completely different situation and circumstanses in a regular played game than in such a bullet one.

:)

Comment

All IMs and WIMs have free ICC accounts. I believe that many allow others, ie kids, students, friends, to use their accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Denis Allan View Post
              All IMs and WIMs have free ICC accounts. I believe that many allow others, ie kids, students, friends, to use their accounts.
              That's a very good idea to help out promising students and young people who are left without financial resources.

Comment

Originally posted by David McTavish View Post
                move back and stay atyhe Oz chess channel, putz!!
                Long time no see (or hear) Dave. :) When the day comes (if it comes) when you beat an IM someday, I hope you share it with us.

And until this forum gets its own pgn viewer, obviously I have to put the game up somewhere - so OzChess will suffice until then. I also put the owner of this forum in touch with the guy who installed the pgn chess viewer on OzChess, but I guess it wasn't considered a high priority here.

Originally posted by Bindi Cheng View Post
                I'll just go on the assumption that this is bullet games and the IM premoves and fails
                Premove is a double edge sword, sometimes it buys you valuable time - othertimes it stuffs your position. Its not an excuse for losing, and most people turn the function off.

Originally posted by Caesar Posylek View Post
                That's right. Alex couldn't do/repeat that in a regular game with a normal time to play. There are completely different situation and circumstanses in a regular played game than in such a bullet one.

It wasn't bullet, it was 3 0 (blitz).

Not this time. This IM won the first game we played quite convincingly.

Originally posted by Caesar Posylek View Post
                That's a very good idea to help out promising students and young people who are left without financial resources.

Its against ICC rules for anyone to lend their account to others.

Comment

Denis, you got that right! The number of "GM's" on ICC with ratings under 2000 is alarming!!! Look at this one:

Statistics for cendrier(GM) On for: 1:54 Idle: 0
                  cendrier is currently involved in a match against Countryman.

rating [need] win loss draw total best
                  Bullet 1447 44 140 2 186 1968 (24-Dec-2005)
                  Blitz 1801 32293 25214 2005 59512 2344 (20-May-2004)
                  Standard 1408 [5] 3 6 1 10
                  5-minute 1951 [7] 2 3 0 5
                  No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it.

Comment

Its against ICC rules for anyone to lend their account to others.
                    Alex, you're a joke!

Advantage tells you: l'am different person . lam not that same person ...lam sharing his account

It's also against ICC rules to have two accounts, yours being Just2Good and Advantage. You kind of caught yourself on that linked page to OzChess, where your game is Drk vs. Advantage, but in the left column you state your ICC name is Just2Good.

From reading your original post, I thought you were like 1200, but your two accounts on ICC have ratings over 1900. How sad, you win on time in a completely lost position, and yet you feel compelled to publish it like it's something newsworthy just because your opponent was an IM! lol
                    Last edited by Jordan S. Berson; Monday, 16th November, 2009, 05:48 AM.
                    No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan S. Berson View Post
                      Alex, you're a joke!

Advantage tells you: l'am different person . lam not that same person ...lam sharing his account

It's also against ICC rules to have two accounts, yours being Just2Good and Advantage. You kind of caught yourself on that linked page to OzChess, where your game is Drk vs. Advantage, but in the left column you state your ICC name is Just2Good.

From reading your original post, I thought you were like 1200, but your two accounts on ICC have ratings over 1900. How sad, you win on time in a completely lost position, and yet you feel compelled to publish it like it's something newsworthy just because your opponent was an IM! lol
                      Hahahahhahahhahahaha, youre calling this guy a joke? Jordan you are a fat little Internet TROLL. With nothing better to do than try and berate people to make yourself look smarter. Can't look down and see it anymore? Is that what upsets you. I was done with you a while back but this is just to much fun for me to pass up. I see your name and expect nothing more than what you've posted. Another satisfied customer! Hows your brain storm coming along? Was it the 2010 Canadian Closed or Open? LOL in a dream maybe!!!

Thank You For a Good Laugh

Sheldon

a remark here has been deleted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Never Argue with Jordan Berson (IDIOT). He will bring down to his level and beat you with experience.
                      Last edited by Nigel Hanrahan; Tuesday, 17th November, 2009, 04:21 PM. Reason: abusive language.

Comment

Today I did just that! I used Alekhine's famous mate on some Egyptian IM and gave him a learning experience he will surely remember for years to come! In game two the game lasted a few moves longer - barely, but when our IM friend dropped a piece he knew who the better blitz player was and resigned accordingly!

Nice going. Keep up the good play!
                        Gary Ruben
                        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Bump............

Comment

This is nonsensical. Do you have to be so insulting? This site should not be used for this kind of thing, ever. If you don't agree with what someone says on Chesstalk, simply respond constructively. Jordan was just calling it as it is...

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
                              Nice going. Keep up the good play!
                              Thank you, Gary. It's nice to see someone post a considerate, courteous reaction to Alex's post. The guy beats an IM and, regardless of the circumstances, he's happy about it.....why shouldn't he be? But in typical chesstalk fashion, everyone tries to drill him into the ground.

Congratulations, Alex!! Enjoy your wins.
                              "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                              "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                              "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Working...
                              X